Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BIG difference in these prices

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Mar 5, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ok, decided to do the disk breaks on my 14 bolt ff " I vurrently have empy drums /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif" so I call the big 3 to check prices on the rotors for a 73 3/4 4x4

Napa 41.00 for imported
    71 for made in /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Checker 39.00 for imported
    62.00 made in /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

Auto Zone 25.00 for imported /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

So I asked him 3 times, "are you sure" he checks an loan and behold I feel lucky today

rotors 50.00
    brackets-70.00-90.00
    brake lines have
    calipers have /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

is there some thing I'm missing, oh yae break pads, so under 180.00 I'm a happy camper

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Did you check with A-TRON? I think his handle is acp45 or something similar. He is down in Tucson and offers a kit. He has a real hitech machine shop and I think his kits were priced right.

Just an FYI

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I just ordered a set of the disc brake brackets from A-Tron, and they were in the neighborhood of 80-85 for the set. I have had a set made by fellow CK5er DERBINATOR, and I think they were $90 shipped or something like that. Everyone seems happy with the A-Tron stuff, and I am really impressed with DERBINATOR's parts. It's a toss-up, but I am sure you will be happy either way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Autozone has everything cheaper. Some of there parts though are just that cheap. I know I personally hate to go to Autozone in Phoenix, because I don't speak spanish, so it is hard to get help. I personally pay the extra money and go to Checker or Napa so I don't have to deal with Autozone.

The only thing I go to Autozone for is bearings and races. They carry Timken, and they have really good prices on them. I paid double the Autozone price for bearings from Napa.

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

i would rather save money, just drive on over to gilbert /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

check out chaz, I think his handle is chaz88k5 or something like that, he has some sweet brackets with spacers for 70 bucks shipped to your door.

-Scott