Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big dog

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Apr 13, 2007.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm calling bull**** on this story. I didn't Snopes it to find out or not. Feel free to.

Just imagine cleaning the yard after this guy! You would need a SUPER DOOPER POOPER SCOOPER!!!!!

Just had to share this. Check the picture!

Hercules: The World's Biggest Dog Ever According to Guinness World Records Hercules was recently awarded the honorable distinction of Worlds Biggest Dog by Guinness World Records. Hercules is an English Mastiff and who has a 38 inch neck and weighs 282 pounds.

With "paws the size of softballs" (reports the Boston Herald), the three-year-old monster is far larger and heavier than his breed's standard 200lb. limit. Hercules owner Mr. Flynn says that Hercules weight is natural
    and not induced by a bizarre diet: "I fed him normal food and he just "grew"... and grew. and grew. and grew.

Kell: Slightly Smaller, But the World's Heaviest Dog Hercules' sheer volume may have won him the Largest Dog world record, but the Heaviest Dog title still rests with Kell who weighed in at 286 pounds in August of 1999. This English Mastiff, however, only has a 32-inch neck - far less than Hercules' 38-incher. Think about that for a second though - 32 inches is a standard waist size for a man!

Proud owner Tom Scott said Kell is two years old and is expected to continue to grow for the next two years. Kell needs to be fed 100lb of beef every week, and drinks gallons of goats' milk to stay healthy...

ShowLetter II.jpg

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Yep, big time Bravo Sierra.

The Irish Wolfhound is the largest dog in the world.

[​IMG]

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No, the pic is BS, but the story appears to be true.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

according to snopes thats the way it is. the dog in question is the biggest, but the picture is fake and over stating his size.

6. Big Blzn

Big Blzn 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, the pic looks fake but the story seems real. About 10 years ago I ran into a man at home depot with two mastiffs that were the largests dogs I have ever seen. Absolute monsters. I asked him what's their story and he basically said the dogs were about 240lbs and 275lbs respectively. He was some sort of breeder that breed them for securty protection for many different uses (ie people, high value property etc.) and that their heads were so thick they could survive and continue to attack after .357 mag rounds. Don't know about the .357 rounds to the head but these were some ginormous dogs. The funniest thing about these huge mastiffs is that they are one of the best family dogs you can get especially if you have young children. No Joke either.

7. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Wow!

Mastiffs kind of looks like mutated Pugs!
    [​IMG]

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: :haha: that would be cool if it were true.:eek1:

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Looks like the guy on the left is 7' tall and the other dude is 6' tall in order for the mastif to be a big tall dog.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

A girl I was seeing for a bit had an English Mastiff. That thing thought it was the best lap dog ever. If you sat down when it was around, it would try and sit in your lap. A dog that weighs as much as me shouldn't be seated in my lap.

11. DEMON44

DEMON44 Low-Tech Redneck

I'm very familiar with the Mastiff breeds, I have a purebread Bullmastiff, shes small for the standard.............

the first in question is a Neopolitan Mastiff...........yes they get that 200+ weight range but they are not as tall as in that pick. The dog in the Harry Potter movies.........is a Neo. He is was only 8 months old when the first movie was filmed. Cropped ears and docked tail is breed standard.

The second pick is an English Mastiff

The wolf hound is the tallest dog........its not really correct to call it the biggest (ie heaviest) IMO

I have 2 small kids at home and the dogs are great with them.

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

No one would EVA fock with you if you had that dog.