Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big, Important question inside.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Do you ever feel sorry for the poor bastard that has to clean the carwash after you deposit about 10,000lbs of mud in it? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ROTFLMFAO!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

No. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Don't care and don't give a flying ****!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

The car washes around here are always having problems with them.
    Either the damn things don't shoot out what you select, such as hot soapy water, etc., and sometimes you don't get the pressure at all. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

So, for the places that rob me of a measly $1 in quarters, I come back later when they are working properly and just flood those places with mud, oil, grease, etc. from playing in mud or just washing hard parts! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Serves those car washes right for not doing a daily maintenance to keep the customers happy!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

LMAO!! I don't feel sorry for the poor smuck either. Last night I spent over $10 at the carwash...There was so much mud that the drain couldn't handle it. I clogged it up and flooded the bay I was in. LOL! But atleast I know my new Warn hubs work right. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I'm with y'all on this one. I don't care how much dirt, leaves, etc. I leave in the car wash. Most of the time the machines steal my money anyway. The only time I kinda felt sorry for them was during dove season. "Unknown Parties" would go to the trash cans by the vacuum machines, and clean dove in the trash cans. There was feathers all over the place. "They" don't use that practice anymore though. (ok, most of the time "They" don't)

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Many years ago, I was living in Dallas and saw a really sweet 79 Bronco on a dealers lot. It was lifted, big tires, etc. I took it for a test drive and ended up playing in a muddy field in it. Got mud ALL over the thing. Those that live around there can tell ya that the mud around there is VERY sticky stuff.

Anyway, so I decide that maybe I had better clean it up a bit before I take it back to the dealers lot. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif As I'm pulling into a car wash bay in Carrollton, the owner comes running over. He told me that the mud runners often clogged up the drains. Then he has me pull out to the edge of his property and then he drags out a 2-inch fire hose type of thing. It did a great job of blasting the big chunks of mud off the truck. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I gave it a final wash/rinse in the bay.

6. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I pulled up to one of the car washes here (Oklahoma) that has an automatic underside washer. The attendant walked up and said "that ain't gonna git that clean!" LMAO!!!!! I told him that I didn't think it would either, but that I wanted to use it to loosen up some the mud before I took it into one of his bays. He just kinda shook his head and walked away. I think the operators of car washes here just accept the fact that they are going to have to deal with the red clay.

7. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

I came across this thread in the archives and had to reply. Not usually the type to bring up old news but I had to reply. I live in a very small town in North Texas. School, 3 stop signs, and a volunteer fire dept. Last year some guy purchased a small plot right in the middle of this little community and built a brand new 2 bay car wash. Everyone thought he was out of his mind but it usually has someone in it all the time.

Last week I drove by and someone was washing the 10,000 pounds of mud in one bay and some old farmer was spraying his 6 goats off in the other. I have seen lawn mowers, bikes and atvs, tractors, and cattle trailers all being washed. I even went by one day a girl had all of her cages from her pets laying around the bay spraying them down.

A real community hangout!!!

Oh and by the way, the owner comes by every night and cleans both bays out. It is a well maintained car wash.

8. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

No,

Because after I clean my rig off, I back out, get my shovel, spray and scoop it into the middle, then shovel by shovel, haul it off to the woods, and dump it. Many attendants have walked by and watch me clean out the bay, and they are so appreciative, that they give me free washes, and tell me to come back anytime. In fact, some have said they wished more 4x4 owners were like that.

I just do what I feel is right. I didn't find it a muddy mess. I'm not gonna leave it that way.

Guess I'm the fish that swims up creek when everyone else heads to the ocean.

Manny

9. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

As for me and my preference, I have only been in the mud twice since I bought the burb and both time I rinsed it off with my water hose before I took it to the wash.

Now with my last vehicle, if it rained, I would leave a square Mud vehicle inprint in the parking lot. I would laugh so hard when I left because there would be 6 to 8 inched of mud under all of my fender wells.:D

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

NO mud allowed!..

Here,most if not all of the car washes will turn away any 4x4 enthusiasts with tons of mud on their truck,IF they happen to see you entering the premisis..

Also,cops here immediately pull over any vehicle that looks like it just crawled out of a mud pit,and only has two wiper blade areas for visibility!..catch 22!--cant wash it off,and cant drive it!..and they want to know where you went mudding too,so they can patrol those areas,and shut them down..

They also have started fining truckers who use the car washes to de-grease their fifth wheels,and I've been reamed out for washing a motor I was about to install in my truck too..fines range from 500 to 5000 dollars!..:eek1:

I guess they just filter and re-cycle the water at the car wash,instead of wasting fresh water..and that guy with the white Mercedes WILL sue them if he gets more dirt ON his car than he's washing off,or a bucket of grease from some tractor trailer's fifth wheel!..

So I just use my garden hose at home,and borrow a pressure washer from a friend if that isn't strong enough...its far cheaper,and its not recycled water either!..:crazy:

11. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

the car washes around here will tell you to leave immediately if your truck is muddy whatsoever. I just go in the middle of the night (2am or so). I dont feel bad, i usually dump 10-15 dolllars there every time i go.

12. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

It depends on the carwash and what truck I am washing as to how I deal with the mud. My DD I wash at work. we have an automated car wash and a pressure washer that I blow all the heavy stuff off with beforehand. That means I am the poor sap that has to clean up the mess.

My woods truck I was at home, so again, I am the underpaid guy who has to clean it up. lucky for me it's a gravel driveway.

Before I had access to a free carwash(its a sweet fringe benefit) I would always try to clean up after myself. There is a carwash near my mom's house that has an open bay on the end of the regular bay's. it is basically like a regular pull in and park bay except there is only one wall and no roof. It's near amish country so people use it to wash the really dirty stuff like tractors. it does not have a drain it slopes all to the side away from the wall and its on a hill so everything just runs off.