Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Leak

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Apr 17, 2005.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

I have an oil leak and i cant find where its leaking from. Its a 76 if you couldnt guess from my name. Its a 350 and the leak is coming from what looks like maybe the block by the firewall or something around the back of the oil pan. Is this a common problem with these and how hard is this going to be to find and fix?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

check the back of the intake , or the oil press sender, or the v/c gaskets. these are vary comon. if not them then most likly the rear main sel or the head gasket went bad. but i dont see many head gaskets going. i bet its one of the 3 listed first.

3. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Yeah i agree. My guess would have to be rear main(which would be the easyest to fix) but yeah could be valve covers, rear intake seal, OPSU, or even potenetialy the distributer gasket but i dought that. best bet is to clean evrything off on the back of the motor with a rag the best you can, then after it starts leaking again, crawl up and under it with a flash light and feel around till your hands get oily. good luck