Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BIG MEAT RUN in OCTOBER??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DBLAZER, Sep 11, 2003.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Anyone here plannin on being at the WMS BIG MEAT RUN in October at Avalanche Ranch?? I am pretty stoked about the trip. STEVE???

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

What's the dates????? Sounds like fun to me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

3. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where is the Avalanch Ranch at? What size of tire qualifies for the "Big Meat" run?

4. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

WMS and "Big Meat" can only mean one thing... 44s /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i'm a little too small for that run. sounds like fun though./forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

My knees hurt too much to go for a run
    OLD DAWG

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Here is a link to Avalanche Ranch .
    This is a snippet from their website:
    <font color="blue"> Avalanche Ranch: a dream made reality by Steve Rumore and his wife Jen. Steve's passion is off-road, whether he is creating the latest, most advanced wheeling machines or giving the sport a destination resort where the entire family can come to play.

The ranch is located at the base of the San Juan mountains in the 4 corners region of Colorado. In a week at the ranch exploring the area you are sure to see sites such as elk, deer, wild turkeys, Indian ruins and scenery that will take your breath away. If hard-core wheeling is your vacation then plan on at least a week with all the terrain on the ranch and tours of the many world famous trails nearby.

Avalanche Ranch is staffed with some of the most knowledgeable off-roaders in the country. They build and design trails that will test your limits to their fullest. At the ranch you will also find answers to all your off-road driving questions and ideas for your rig. You can also hone your skills even more with our half and full day extreme driving courses. With our qualified ranch hands roaming the grounds a great vacation is sure to be had by all. </font>

<font color="red">The BIG MEAT run is a 44" and up run. It is a whole lot of fun wheelin with some crazy big powerful long nutty machines. I was at the last one in Clayton and just had a great time. I am planning on leaving Wed. the 22 of October and heading being back on Wed the 29th. We are gonna try to hit Montrose after the the BM run to run some of those trails. I am gearing up for the run, got new stub shafts in, I have 3 short side shafts ordered. Two for me and one for someone here on the board that lent one to me a LOOOOOOONG time ago. We are stretching my trailer by adding a 6 foot dove tail, so we can fit "THE BUG" behind mine. All I keep saying to myself is " IS IT OCTOBER YET???? </font> Anyways,there ya go.

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

No one huh.......

8. K5BLT4FUN

Sounds like lots of fun, but my tires are only 42's. Sounds like they will be too small for that crowd. Plus October in Colorado, traveling could be interesting. I have always wanted to do Snow Run.

9. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I hate my tires..why are they *only* 42's? :P

Oh the elitism.

10. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I don't see it as elitism. Also, at the last run there were a few rigs that were runnin 42's. It is funny, It seems that I get that typ of response often around here. I still come here every day, I just quite posting as much because it seems that people seem to get twisted about crap too much.
    I am sure you guys were "kidding" but as I said, typical same crap. I was just hopin to run with some of the guys around here. Oh well.

11. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Good to hear from you Nash, how's your buggy holding up? Yeah it seems like no matter what you say sometimes you're always stepping on somebody's toes. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif Thats why my post count is so low compared to how long I have been here.

12. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Everything on the rig is great. I am in the process of gettin ready for this run in October. I just got new Chromoly stub shafts and am orderin the all new inners. Other that that it is a crawlin fool!!! I am seriously thnking about tryin to get into Top Truck next year. A couple of past competitors have told me they thought I could do well. Just don't know if I am ready to go all " SKINNY PEDAL" if ya know hat I mean.
    As far as posts around here I keep my opinion to myself most of the time. I like to lurk. There are stilla whole lot of great folks here I just get tired of the "purist" attitude sometimes. I love my rig,I loved it when it was still "The Blazer" It just goes LOTS more places now. [​IMG]

13. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

That'd be awesome if you entered TTC, but the way they progress every year your going to need scuba gear for the tank trap, since they make more holes and pump more water in every year /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BTW, keep up the awesome work!

14. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

That'd be awesome if you entered TTC, but the way they progress every year your going to need scuba gear for the tank trap, since they make more holes and pump more water in every year /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BTW, keep up the awesome work!

15. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

That is what makes me the most nervouse. I don't fear any kind of obsticle. I just don't like the idea of driving my rig into a lake on purpouse!![​IMG]

16. K5BLT4FUN

Didn't mean to stir anything up. I have run with the WMS guys in Disney before, a great bunch. I also would really like to do a snow run in Colorado, but with work I can't seem to get the time off.

17. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I understand, I probably am just too touchy!!!

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think you're going to need a little more than that 210 HP TBI 350 with tires that big to win TTC or even compete with those guys, but I've been wrong before.

19. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

If I do it a would probably step up to a 502. PROBABLY.
    Most of what I know from first hand experience is that it is more driving than horsepower. Most of the events are timed and set up to run and hit the ideal time (which is unknown)
    Like I said, I am not sure if Iam gonna do it. Last time I was wheeling with Toby(the last winner) he did all he could to talk me into to entering. Ferris M. (the Pink Hot Rod from 2 years ago) has also been trying to talk me into to it. But I just don't know. I need to decide soon.

20. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Enter TTC. We can drink some cold beer in Cali with ya. I think Swine and I are going to enter. I'd meet you at Avalanche ranch, but I don't think the new ride will be even close to finished by then. I am shooting for Christmas now. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif