Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*Big O* Bigfoot M/t Radials

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtwarrior17, Jul 25, 2005.

?

WHICH TIRES SHOULD I BUY?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2005.
  1. BFG BIG FOOT M/T RADIAL

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. TSL RADIAL

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. IROK RADIAL

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. BFG MUD TERRAINS

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. RUN EM TILL THERE BALD AND FINISH/START ON THE TRUCK

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Anybody else have a set of these under there rig? I'm getting close to needing some new tires and was wondering what you guys think of the bfgs.
    I have a set of 35x12.50's big O big foot m/t radials, but I pretty much used em up during the summer on rocky hill climbs and driving 40 miles to work and back every day.

Only got to mud em a few times. I thought they did damn good in the mud. I dragged a izuzu pup through some STICKY clay at about 1/16th of a mph but never got stuck. I also had 35 psi in em at the time.

It seemed like they were unstopable with about 8 psi in em.

How do they compare to tsl's? Wear, mud, hills, road manners, etc.... I'd like to hear from guys who have run both tires... I know tsl's are better in mud but i want an all around dd/4x4 tire.

I wanted 36x13.50 irok radials but i want to get more then 30k out of a set of $1000 tires....

Now i have my eye on the 36x12.50 tsl radials but I got a lot of sh!t to do on my rig so price may be a problem.

The blazer is about 60% dd and 40% offroad.

I Don't want to spend more 170 bucks a tire because i need to buy a spare this time(or i could a big foot for a spare and get the tsl's) and i need massive amounts of $$$ to finish the truck.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  2. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

What does a BFG Big Foot tire look like ?

I never heard of it and even looked on BFG's site and can't find it..

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

WTF?
    My BFG MT's lasted three years driven everyday on my K-10!

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Go here and get a set of MTRs :D

Tires

5. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

i voted for the big foot cause you know what to expect and you like them.

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I did too! The only tire that I know of that is called a Big Foot are made by Big O! And I love my Big Foot XT's (can't beat the warrenty)

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

whatever those Big Foots are, I'm betting they are old and not made anymore. Never heard of them. BFG just redesigned the MT, looks better.

You are being like me man, thinking way too far ahead. Don't count your damn chickens yet. Make the truck run well, get it where you want it mechanically, THEN worry about tires. Tires are the last thing to go on a truck IMO.

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I second this. Bigfoots are made by Big O. They are the same tread pattern that my Trail Cutters have. I did find a link some time back and Big O had the same tread as my tires.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Big Foots are sold By Big O, it's a chain of tire stores out here in the western states and I think they may even be in western Canada.

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

12. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

These are still being made and used.... Big O Big Foot AT Big O Big Foot MT Big O Big Foot XT

I've ran them all at one time or another (Big O Big Foot's) and love mine! I've ran other tires and like knowing that I will have a warrenty if I have a flat and not have to pay another $25 for a new warrenty

13. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Yup.... Meant to say big o. I should know this becuase i had em rotated and balanced(free) at big o a while ago.

How i edit the poll?

14. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I'll stay with my Big O's!

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Big O doesn't make tires. They just buy them from major tire manufactures and have their name stamped on them. They buy from Firestone, Bridgestone and Goodyear. The Big O Bigfoot MT tread looks like Goodyear's generic tread design. It is the same tread as as Wallmart's Super Sport MT tires. I know for a fact they are made by Goodyear and a whole lot cheaper than Big O big foots.
    I used to run Big O Bigfoot MTs but switched to Wally World Tires cuz they were a lot cheaper.. I can tell no diference between the two. Cept the name and about $55 dollar a tire price diference. I like them. They are a strong tire, hook up very well in the mud, and work great on rocks too. Cant beat them. $125 for 12.50 33 MTs . Great warentee too same as Big O. plus free flat repair, rotation, balance, ECT.

I really cant say anything bad about Big O Traction tires like the Bigfoot, & trail cutter, I ran them and liked them.
    But I know a lot of people who had trouble with their AT truck tires. The tread would seperate ans come right off the tire carcass. Just like the same thing Firestone tires were doing a few years ago. Prolly the same tire.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
  16. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

I call foul on the poll for incorrect info and leading me on a wild goose chase looking for a tire that BFG dosen't even make :haha:

So here is my vote for you.. Go get some P145-60-14 tires and a rainbow sticker :D

17. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Most tires are made by someone else. There are only a few major tire producers out there.

I've blow out sides of my tires and had them replaced, with out a question be raised. mounted, balanced, and installed back on my truck. Also no charges for new warrenty. Each their own I always say. But I'll stay with my Big O's.... even with how much they cost.. I've saved money, in the long run......

18. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

lmfao.... :haha: :haha: Nah, i'm cool on the rainbows... :rotfl:

HOW DO I EDIT THE POLL

19. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

I agree with Thunder, the Big O ATs aren't good tires. They seem ok for traction, but they wear incredibly fast. At least on my Z71.

20. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

When you get your new tires if you want to get rid of your Big O's let me know? My girlfriend wants to go to 35's ? Also can I get your for the warranty paper work min was stolen out of my truck.. So far I haven't had any problems warrenting them out... But could use some paperwork too....

Let me know, I think I can get a friends dad to pick them up for me....
    Thanks