Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big O Bigfoot XT= Hoosier Radial DT= ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AJMBLAZER, Jun 17, 2000.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Okay guys, I found out about Big O Big Foot XT's a while ago. Look like good tires, and seem to fit exactly what I need. A good wearing tire, that is more than just a AT, but without the bad affects of a MT, bad wear, bad handling, etc. However, Big O wants an arm and a leg for them. I could get a set of BFG AT's for less! It seems to be all the "free services" that Big O adds that jack the price up. Then someone showed me that the Hoosier Radial DT is the exact same tire. Anyone know of any other tires that are the same? Or just any other tire makes that are the same as Big O's tires? Thanks.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Well let me tell you why I baught the Big O tires instead of the others that are out there. They offer the free rotation, flat repair and the replacement. Yes they are more money about $ 30 to $45 dollars more than the others. If you check into the others to have a tire warrentied it will cost you about $20 a tire and you have to pay again to maintian the warrenty after you use it. To reballance them it's about $7.00 a tire. Back to rotations, expect to pay about $20 per rotation. So I bought the Big O's and payed it all up front and don't have to worry about it untill they get down to 2/32 of an inch of tread.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Yeah, the Big O stuff is pretty good, but if I can get the Hoosiers or one of the other ones from like Discount or Evan's Tire I can get all the same stuff (and the free tire rotations 2000 miles sooner) for about 10-20 dollars a tire.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Ask about the replacement if you get a flat they cann't repair (you'll pay again to keep your warrenty). Find out what they call road hazzard (doesn't cover if your off-road) and they also don't cover side walls of the tires. Ask all the questions you can. I ran Big O's for 7 years and then help a friend and swapped with a friend (he got to big of tires for his truck). I ran B.F.G.'s for the last year befor I got my new set of Big O's (I love the warrenty). I could get the B.F.G.'s thru my best friend (owner of a tire store) but wanted the warrenty.

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"