Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big O Bigfoot XT's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AJMBLAZER, Jun 16, 2000.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Big O Bigfoot XT\'s?

Looking at a set of the above mentioned tires. Seem very good. Had an excellent write up in the June 99 issue of Four Wheeler. Anyone have any experience with these tires or with Big O? Thanks.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Big O Bigfoot XT\'s?

When I bought my rig back in 93 it had thoes tires on there.
    about two months afer I got my rig one of the tires started to bubble out on the tread. BigO did give me a new tire but the tires were worn so I switched to DulopMudRovers(BigO carries Dunlop as well) cuz I couldn't put just one new tire on I needed two!BigO gave me one tire and I bought the other. I switched to Dunlop cuz the bigfoot was 225 a tire[​IMG]WAY too expensive!! The dunlops are OK but they seam to wear fast, My buddies BFGs are wearing like steel compared to mine. BigO has good warrities and you may need to use it!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I checked out the Big-O's a while back. They are BIG bucks!!! They come with a replacement warranty but you're paying a lot to get that. I was looking at 35x15's. They quoted me something like $171 per tire. The same size BFG AT is about $138. Discount tire will add a replacement warranty for about $12 per tire.

Big-O has some tread designs that look like they would work great. I just think their prices are way out of line.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

4. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)

The BFG AT/ko or the MT is a much better tire, stronger(better sidewall), and better wearing. and the replacment warranty at "Discount Tire" is a great deal.