Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big oops

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JohnDeere, Oct 7, 2006.

1. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

Well my distributor cap went out to day so i changed it. when i got the book out to check where the plug wires went i noticed that on the old cap the 3 and 5 plugs were switched.:mad: so theres no telling how much damage i've done driving it around with the plugs wrong, it has about 2,500 miles on the old cap. Maybe thats why it started to burn oil:(

2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

You drove around for 2500miles with plugs in the wrong order? wouldnt that have been noticable after the first 10seconds of starting the motor? :eek1:

3. JohnDeere

JohnDeere 1/2 ton status

normally yes but ir was when i first got it first thing i did waz a full tune up on it. i though thats just how it was its my first v8 but now that i have switched them it idles smoother but havnt noticed a big difference on the take off or power

4. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself... Its a lesson that if no one else is willing to admit too, I am. I have done the same thing.

Mechanic'in is a learned art. Keep doing it and you will get better.