Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

BIG problem...I'm at a lose...help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kamikaze, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Registered Member

BIG problem...I\'m at a lose...help

About a month ago my brother was driving my truck around and he said he had to pull over twice and check the tires cause he thought he knocked one off the bead. Well a few days later I was pulling out of my driveway and it felt like I was driving on the rim with the tire blown off the bead. You know real wobbly. Well since then I've changed out the axles and 2nite I was driving down the road slowing down to make a turn and all of the sudden the K started to wobble back and forth like I was driving on a blown tire. I pulled over and checked out everything, but everything looks legit. When I drove off it acted like nothing had happened, so I went around the block a few times and still nothing (no I wasn't high). My steerbox isn't loose, but I'm gonna check it again. All the center pins are good. U-bolts are tight. Drag link is tight. Just imagine driving down the road at 40mph and both tires are off the bead that was the feeling I got. Any ideas. It wasnt so bad on the 33's but with the 36's I freaked the heck out. I was doing about 35mph when it happened. C'mon spill your ideas I'm up for anything if you say I gotta pull off the front clip to tighten down a bolt I'm game. Whatever it take's to fix this sukar.

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Re: BIG problem...I\'m at a lose...help

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=343233&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=343233&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1</a>

3. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

If you or anyone else "knocked a tire off the bead", you would definitely know it! You would lose ALL of the air pressure in your tires and it would happen extremely fast.

Refer to the link by mj about death wobble...

4. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Registered Member

Yeah your probably right. I cant count how many times I've knocked off the bead on my ride. Thats the best discription I could give to what happened to me and that was also the first thing that ran through my head when it happened.
    Thanx mj for the link....

5. muddbogg89

muddbogg89 Registered Member

Sounds like you've got the dreaded DEATH WOBBLE!
    My old 78 suburban did it real bad.There have some posts about it,do a search on it.

6. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

sounds like death wobble to me. i have it very bad at 30-40mph ive gone through everything to figure out the prblem ive talked to alot of people and no one seems to know of a fix.on friday i ordered a coil over steering stabilizer from trailmaster its called the 4-way bear claw. i have not got it yet but when i do i will let you know if it fixes the problem. trailmaster says that it will fix death wobble we will have to see.