Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big problems - filling over factory sunroof & more

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Aug 23, 2006.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Alright, with a new vehicle comes new problems.

The main one, my sunroof on my K10 leaks like a sieve, no lie, it's not drops, you get the full on rain when it rains. The PO duct taped it one..omg...I wanna fill it in or fix it? IDK what i can do?

Secondly, in one of the lights the low beam works but not high beam, does it need a bulb or new light?

Headliner needs attention. My K5 has no headliner and is just the bare metal...I like it this way, but under the headliner on the K10 there's some ugly brown cardboard crap...easily removable?

What else what else...the windows take all my power to move at the start but around halfway down they crank nicely....wtf?

It's my first manual transmission vehicle...and i'm having a hard time locating the gears on the SM465...they seem really close together and are often hard to get into..will i just get used to it?

I'll update when i think/find more.

2. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

Update...wipers are still kinda slow on maximum speed setting. Any fix? Need new wiper motor?

3. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Since no one else has chimed in yet.

1. Take it out and reseal it?
    2. Could be a wiring issue, but probably need a new bulb.
    3. Dunno about the cardboard stuff.
    4. Grease the regulator maybe. I don't know what would make it easier half way down.
    5. You'll get used to it. Got to find the sweet spots for the syncros to open up.
    6. These wipers aren't the fastest. As long as you can tell a difference between "slow" and "fast", your motor is probably ok.

4. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

1. remove it and weld a peice of sheet metal over the opening of it inside and out.
    2. sound like a bad bulb. Try hitting it while it is on and see if it comes on. If so bulb is bad.
    3.I believe the cardboard is just that remove the trim and it should come out.
    4. spray some silicone on the felt where window rides also as fab said lube the window regulator.
    5. Takes a little getting used to. Kinda like a new girl friend and dating.
    6. I put delay on my wipers and yes they are slow compared to newer ones.

Ask and someone will answer you.