Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big red is dying trading in for Barney

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cityfarmer2, Oct 15, 2005.

1. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Guys looking for information any pitfalls or unknowns, swapping all expensive parts into a 1989 K-5, I believe all will transfer from my 84 CUCV, Items that will be making the transfer are Dana 60 and 14 bolt with a Superlift 6" lift a built 350 SBC and a th400 with 208. Any ideas what may need a little tweek to make it work? I am wondering mainly, will the tranny mount in the same location on both vehicles since I have a CV from High Angle $400 plus to have it made and shipped over here awesome driveshaft but it is exactly the correct length and if the locations are not the same all will be for naught. Starting the work on 1st of November at Camp Humphrey's Auto craft shop located in South Korea if anyone would care to lend a hand. I am hiring the boy with his new camera to take the photos of the transition. Only have 4 days to get er done so I'm buyin off course after the work is done. :wink1:

Trying to get it done for the winter bash coming up in December.... :D

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I would love to give you a hand, but there is no way I could get to South Korea!!!!

Let us know how it goes.

3. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Join the Army

Join the army they send you there for free, if they don't send you to the desert first. :doah:

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Been in the Air Force for 19 years, don't want to change. They could send me, but I'm not in a job that they need over there.