Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Rig/Truck Rubber Fender Flares

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoeAngelicchio, May 9, 2001.

1. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

You know the black rubber ones you see on alot of cement trucks and some other trucks? Where would you find these to buy? Was thinking of not using my Bushwackers due to some guys saying that they break. Would rather sell them than break them. Or how about filling the back of the Bushwackers will silicone sealant to strengthen them? Think that would help? By the way these are the cutout pocket style.
    Thanks

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Joe

I'd say try any heavy equipment/truck parts store in your area would carry them, wouldn't they??

Brian
    89KBlazer

3. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Filling them up will not help. They maybe won't break, but they'll crack up instead.

"K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

4. JoeAngelicchio

Brian, they have black rubber flares at Canadian Tire that you can order from the Keystone catalogue but the HD 4" ones are cut to length at approx 56". Measured the opening and the flare will be too short. You can get the 3" in a 25' roll also HD. J.C whitney sells them too.
    May look at those if the truck shops want too much. Can't see spending all that money on the Bushwackers and possibly cracking them. Will probably sell them. I've always wanted to make them out of metal , similar style to the Bushwackers. Make a template out of them and when I get a mig welder I'll make them then.
    Sammy, your probably right. May still crack.....

</font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Joe

I'm convinced that ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that comes from "Crappy" Tire is junk. Even if you buy an RS9000 though them; if they get it first; it's JUNK!! I'm on my 4th brake job in 6 months on my wife's Lumina Sedan & the last two jobs lasted 3 weeks each!! Just got the 4th done Saturday past & waiting for it to go too.[​IMG]

I've gotten to the point that I'd just as soon buy parts anywhere but Crappy Tire!

Sorry to rant & talk soon
    Brian
    89KBlazer

6. JoeAngelicchio

Brian, it's like they put a friggin curse on the stuff they sell. I know where your coming from. Used to work the parts counter many moons ago. Most counter people there know squat, only a few do. Used to see lots of returns. Not a good indicator.

</font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. JoeAngelicchio

Found 4 sets of 3" rubber flares in my garage as I'm going to set up shop. Had them since the late 70's stored in a box brand new (Powerflow brand) similar to Pacer that J.C Whitney and Canadian Tire have. Just over 58" long so with the trimming that I'm going to do (similar to Steves and Shawns) they will be long enough. It's like a tresure hunt in my garage with so many things still in boxes from the move. So I'll soon be doing the trimming so I have the room for the 39.5 TSL's. And the Bushwackers will have to sold locally due to the friggin' shipping charges to the states.

</font color=green>
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

try any peterbilt dealer or kenworth dealer..both brands are made by paccar so the both should have them..

[​IMG]