Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

big spicer hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Md mudder, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

anyone know of a source to get parts for the external mount hubs, I need the little plastic dial.

<font color=green>Ryan</font color=green>
    <font color=red> 84 pickup 454/400/208 <font color=red>
    <font color=blue>79blazer 400 <font color=blue>

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Check with the dealer first - sometimes they keep them in stock. Barring that, I'd go to Napa - They either have them, or can have them for you the next day.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Never did find any. I've got a set sitting at the house that I got about a year ago. They are in good shape but missing a few things.To be honest, I haven't even looked at them in about 6 months, but the dial are there and in good shape. I'd be more than happy to sell them too you, I'm running a set of Warn external style hubs now.

Also, check with Ford Parts suppliers, or call the salvage. If you find someone at the salvage that's knowledable enough, you can possibly find another set for a decent price. Right now, they are going for about $200 a set around the OK. AR, KS area.

HTH

Kyle
    89K5

4. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

Kyle, that sounds like a good plan I'm living on Kodiak Island Ak. for the next three years and there is no junk yards here.
    how muck do you want for them, the only way for me to get them here is 2nd day air (ups) thanks

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I would imagine you could get these dials brand new from a Dana/Spicer dealer. I mean ANY shop that sells and deals with D/S parts should be able to get these dials for you.

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Sadley, no, you can't. Dana/Spicer doesn't support or make these hubs or parts for these hubs anymore. I ended up going with a set of WARN external style hubs for my truck. I'm pretty pleased with them and another plus is that I still have the drive flanges that came on the hubs factory so should I ever shell out a hub, I'm in good shape, at least to get off the trail.

I tried for months to get parts or at least drawings of the original parts. I had even considered contacting a machine shop to remake them for me, but in the long run it was easier and cheaper to get the warns.

Kyle
    89K5

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'll take $40 for the set. I actually bought them for $185 about a year ago. I've entertained the thought of rebuilding them or making a set similar, but for now the WARN's will do. The only downside to these is that the dials say FORD on them. Pretty easy to pop out, but I never bothered. If you want them, let me know.

My email is kylep@ecadinc.com or kyle89k5@swbell.net The second is prb. the best to catch me on these days. Been hella hooked up at work.

Kyle
    89K5

8. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

That's odd - We picked up a set of dials for my buddy's 74 F250 at Napa for $13.00 a piece just a few months ago. Must have been old stock?

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

9. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

damn, maybe I need to call NAPA back!! I exhausted every source I had around here for parts for those things. They are some beefy damn hubs, no doubt about that.

Kyle
    89K5

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Check your local Ford dealer!! I have a friend with these hubs and he was always breaking the dials. He was a mechanic at our local Ford dealer and he was getting them through there at decent prices!!!!

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

11. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

thanks, any idea what year fords had them? not sure how sharp the local ford parts guy will be with older ford parts

12. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Pretty much every F250/F350 from 77 1/2 back has the big ones.

Generic Signature

13. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I think Pugsley hit the nail on the head, but I will double check with my friend. Also, Warn makes standard and Premium replacements for these for around $100.

"I see, said the Blind Man to the Deaf Mute who was walking a dog with no legs!"

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

14. Md mudder

Md mudder 1/2 ton status

yea I had a set of them on a mud bog truck i had one time but the spicers just look cool