Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big THANK YOU

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NE79, Aug 10, 2001.

1. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted about fixing tailgates. Took mine completely apart last weekend, took all the dirt off the regulator and the inside, put aboot a whole can of WD-40 down the cable and used white lithium grease on all the moving parts. Although the key switch has never worked (messed up tumbler), the dash switch runs it faster than the side windows. Special thanks to expen88k5 for pics on his site. CK5 ROCKS!!

uh-oh

2. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

Hey, good news on a job well done!

My rear window sticks halfway up, after reading all of the tips I might just crack it open this weekend. Wish me luck.

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Same here! I just got new window guide channels and motor so I'll probaly be crackin' mine open too!

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Sounds like there is tailgate repair fever going around, cause I tore mine apart last week, cleaned it and now waiting for the window guides (thanks 90blzr). Soon everyones rear windows will work again!