Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big time score!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by babyburb, Jan 13, 2007.

1. babyburb

babyburb 1/2 ton status

Oct 24, 2006
    Talking to brother in law last night and he is selling his F150 rig. Told me he was disassembling his Cobra cb to give to me. Wait, it gets better. I am getting his Warn 9.5 winch as well. No WAIT theres more, He has an airlift brand spring bag system with compressor if I want to disassemble. SWEET BIPPY!:woot:

Now I will have a 12000 milemarker on front and 9500 warn on back!

A few questions if you don't mind.

The airbags, they are coming off a 1998 F150. They should work with my stock springs, will they work with a 6 inch spring system when I lift this summer? Or will I have to make brackets for it?

I will be going to tuff country easy ride but I often tow 7 to 10,000 lb trailers so I defianatly needed sopmething.

Another question, when fabbing the new rear bumper, I want to keep my class 3 hitch system so I wanted to build a low profile rear bumper and maybe go to a hidden winch location maybe under the cab. Anyone else done this.

Winch wireing. I will be adding another battery but how do I need to wire up dual batteries and two winches? Would rather keep both batteries under hood rather than in rear of cab, I am running out of room. Hi lift, accessory box, tools, liquids, ect.

Sorry for the long thread but thanks for the help guys. If everything works right, I will go member status by this evening! Rock on.

Who's getting iced in? :D
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

Nov 1, 2004
    you will need some custom brackets for the bags. and check to make sure your new springs mont flex to far as to crush the bags .