Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big Tires and Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big Red, May 19, 2003.

1. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

hey all. Im thinking of buying a set of 38.5" SS TSLs/SXs and im gonna go with a six inch lift using the ORD Shackle Flip and Tuff COuntry Front Kit. Does anyone know how bad my drivline is gonna be even if i get new driveshafts? I've got an 87 with the TBI350/700R4/NP208 combo. I'd rather not have to change them. Plus i just bought a 14BFF and D60 (my friends are rediculously cheap when it comes time to sell stuff!) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thanx in advance! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Blazer_Schwabie

Blazer_Schwabie Registered Member

Thos TSL/SX's are bias ply i think, they may not ride very well /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'v been running the ORD flip and Superlift springs for about 18 months, you wont have any real problems but you might want to get your driveshaft lengthened about 1.5 inchs. I can flex mine pretty good and havent done it but it is the smart thing to do. I have run with the t-case dropped and in the stock position and caint tell a difference but every truck is different, mine has a 700R4 and a NP 241, dont know if thats a big difference or not. One thing though is are you going to use 2" lift springs in the back or just the flip?? That would give you some trouble but could be fixed by some shiming the axle a couple degrees.

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

OK I'm a dumb a--, are you planning on useing the 2.5" flip with 4" springs or the 4" flip with 2" springs??

5. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

I am going to use the 4" kit w/ 2" springs(more flex im told by doing it that way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) And for what i wanna do, i'm gonna need all the flex i can get. I know the Sx's are bias ply. Im really not all the worried about ride quality. (i've driven in things with crazy lift and humungus tires and lean so bad u can see the ground around a corner!) I think im gonna get a new driveshaft. I don't quite know yet, it all depends on whether or not i can find a good shop to lengthen it. I should lengthen the fron as well right? (lenghten rear means lengthen front as well no?)But, now that i bought the 14FF and D60, no money for lift, so lift hang on for few weeks /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thos TSL/SX's are bias ply i think, they may not ride very well /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bias Belted actually....

7. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

why in the heck would you want to put a lift kit thingy and those big tire deals on your truck? thats just stupid... ludicrous <sp> even... HAHA...

8. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I run quite a bit of lift on my blazer and have the 4" shackle flip. its money well spent for sure. I just recently replaced my rear blocks with superlift springs.

9. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    why in the heck would you want to put a lift kit thingy and those big tire deals on your truck? thats just stupid... ludicrous <sp> even... HAHA...

[/ QUOTE ]

why the heck wouldn't I? with 6" of lift, and 38.5" TSL/SX's, u know how good a trail rig she'll be? besides the fact that im beefing her up with a D60 Front and 14BFF Rear. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif besides, she'll be great in the mud when i finish building my 502. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Don't listen to him...he's been working on f*rds too long /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif