Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

big tires stock brakelines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slider79blazer, Apr 12, 2001.

1. slider79blazer

slider79blazer 1/2 ton status

hello
    I need some help! i have 35" BFG mud terrains, a 4" susp. lift with the brakeline relocators that came with the lift on the bottom of the frame.it lowered the lines about 3-4". I had 33" tires on when I did the lift. My buddy thinks I need longer lines on it becuase the travel would be longer with the bigger tires. Is this true?

whats a 4 letter word for farm wagon? (ford)

2. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

Depending on how much articulation you are getting out of your suspension, this might be true. I have a six inch lift and until about a week ago, I had the stock brake lines on the truck, no problem. I do not have swaybar disconnects so my articulation is not all that it could be. With the bigger tires and the lift it would be safer for you to get some steel braded brake lines. They will not bulge with the increased pressure of trying to stop bigger tires. They are also longer than the stock lines. You can get them from 4WPW for around $100.

'87 Beast
    Colorado, USA

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

IMHO, other than the added weight of larger tires pulling the spring down a (very) little further during a fully suspended droop, larger tires will not affect the amount of suspension travel. Just find some way of lifting one tire until the other tire comes off the ground and see what, if anything, is binding. Lift one tire using a forklift, ramp, etc. Obviously this would best be done a little at a time to prevent damaging something.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

4. slider79blazer

slider79blazer 1/2 ton status

yeah I do have the sway bar unhooked now I didn't before i put the 35's on.so i don't how much more articulation i'm going to have.

whats a 4 letter word for farm wagon? (ford)