Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

big tires stock suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazinzuk, Mar 3, 2005.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

84 blazer 36x12.50 swamper bias plys on the stock wheels they don't rub anywhere. Now thats a budget lift two sawzall blades and one cutoff wheel

36s3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

They fit until you flex.....:whistle:
    -Harrison

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Hope there are no curbs where you live...

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well just so you guys know they don't hit anywhere we have flexed it out on a ramp on some ruts etc. the leafs are on the bumps in the front and there is plenty of room even with the wheel turned. In the rear it amazes me how much room there is they are on stock wheels so they tuck into the wheelwells not much uptravel on a stock blazer and yes we have flexed it with the swaybar removed it doesn't hit. Only been wheeling with it once but that involved throttle bombing through some deep snow ruts that were frozen. Just for kicks and giggles I hit a curb going about 10 mph to see if I could get the front tire to hit so I could trim more, it doesn't.

5. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

It shouldn't hit anywhere. I run 37 x 12.5 15s on my stock 90. The only modification is fiberglass front fenders that are comparable to the trimming he has done. It has been wheeled hard, jumped and crossed up on several occasions. The rear clears just fine, in stock form.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Not too hijack, but where did you get the fiberglass fenders?

7. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Looks good. When I first bought my K10, it was all stock. I didn't have any money left after buying it, but I managed to roll enough change for some used 36x12.50 TSL/SXs. I gave $15 for them...boy were they used. The ones I put on the front you could see where the tread used to be. The ones I ran on back only had tread left on the sidewalls. I trimmed the front fenders some in front of the tires. I was running stock 15x7 alminum bullet hole wheels and it only rubbed in the rear when it really flexed. That's where the SX sidewalls helped me out.

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

If they dont rub then thats awesome. I guess you got luckier than me. I put 37's on mine with a 6" lift and they still rubbed. Not only on the inner fender wells, but from front to back they would hit the fender if I would pull in or out of my driveway.
    -Harrison