Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Big truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudandproud, Sep 13, 2000.

1. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Hey I was wondering how you guys get into your trucks that are raised way up in the air?? I am serious here. Do you guys have little step stools or something that you take out of your truck when you open the door. Or is there a little step thing that folds down or something, I don't know rope ladder or something?? Totally serious here too. Cuz I'm 6'2" and I walked up to a lifted K5, and I couldn't even see into the windows it was so high in the air, and I couldn't help but wonder, how do you get in that thing? So I was just wondering.

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Loud..., I got a little step welded to the frame that extends out. That's how I get in the truck. Look at the pic. For me, I'm short, so I can't look into the window of my truck either when I'm outside. But I have no problems hopping in and out with the step.
    [​IMG]
    See the step right under the driver door.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

3. archer

archer 1/2 ton status

I like to scale the fenders. I use a rescue 8, carabiners and lots of "D" rings, petzel stops and ascenders. No, really, It's pretty tough. A friend of mine was 5'5" and had a K-5 lifted 13" with 42" tires. It was alot of fun watching him.

"who dares wins"

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I may have the answer for you, I just got in a set of SEC rock sliders with TJ steps that are removable for off-road, the best of both worlds, I plan on installing them this weekend, but I need to pick up the steps yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

5. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Where can I find out about these Rock Sliders? I'm interested in that sort of thing.

Oh yeah guys, nothing like watching your 5'4" girlfriend try to climb in your truck with a tube top, mini-skirt, nylons, and heels from behind. Lots of fun, then you have to do the gentlemanly thing and help her in. Can anyone say "Cop a feel?" Hehehehehehehe......

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

ummmm....hehe.....uh....this is the part where I say, "Boy, do I feel dumb!".........[​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

8. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Man, Just noticed, my pic didn't show up. I did the (image) thing too, no bandwidth stealing. Oh well, anyways, if you want to see what that step looks like check it out on my readers rig section.
    http://coloradok5.com/theboss.shtml
    its kinda hard to see on the bottom two photos, but you can see kinda see it on the top photo, but its caked in mud. Its below the door. In that photo, that's when I had the 3" body lift. But now after I lowered it 2"s, the step is a lot closer to the body.
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]">

9. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Cool pics man, <font color=red>Thanks</font color=red>