Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bigger diameter wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudfreak, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

Just a quick question, Will I have any prob's running 16 inch wheels on my 88 k5? I came across a deal on a set of 16.5 rims and boggers that I want to take advantage of, but not sure if they will fit. Thanks!

88 K5... work in progress

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

you mentioned 16 then you went to a 16.5.. so which is it, they both will fit on a 88 k5 so will 15's..but if you went to 3/4 ton or 1 ton axles in which case the 15's will need to have the calipers and backing plates ground for clearence. but only 15" steel rims will work on the 3/4 or 1 tons

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

One hting you have to watch is the bolt pattern. I am not sure if 16.5's came in a 6lug pattern if you are still running stock axles.... But you can get 16's in the 6 lug pattern... The overall diameter of the wheel will work fine!

Mike

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>EMMETT</a>
    says: "<font color=green>It ain't easy being Green!</font color=green>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You can buy 6 lug, 16.5 rims.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. Mudfreak

Mudfreak 1/2 ton status

Here's the scoop, the rims are said to be 16's by one of my friends and 16.5 by the other, I have not yet seen them to verify witch. I was wondering if they would work. The other prob/question is that in the springtime A guy a work with is going to give me a set of 3/4 ton axles, but he does not no what they are and I haven't gone down to his house to check them out ( he lives about an hour away from me). So I am planning on doing an axle swap in the spring , is it still adviseable to get the 16/16.5 rims with the boggers? Thanks again. You guys are overflowing with knowledge! Thank God.

88 K5... work in progress

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am not a big fan of 16.5" rims...no safety bead = better have beadlocks or something if u wanna go low PSI. When I go 1-ton, I am sticking with 15" rims....now, where is my grinding wheel...

J

See the on-going build up of my '85 Jimmy! <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown>http://community.webshots.com/user/jekbrown</a>