Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bigger tires on my 92 Yukon

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blaze, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I am looking to upgrade from the current baloneys on my truck to a bigger set of meats. I don't know what I have on it currently, nor do I care because they are either the stock size or smaller. I am not changing the wheels, just the tires. They are the stock Chevy truck wheels. I don't want any rubbing and I am not going to do a TB tweak. I just want some bigger meats under my truck as it sits stock. Can anybody help me out here? Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

Well, I know you don't want to change the rims out, but here is want I have first hand on. My friend has a 94 Yukon and wanted bigger tires. I was giving him a set of 15" rims, so he went out and got 33" mud terrains. NOW, here is the thing. He mounted them on stock 15" steel wheels for now while I got my 1 ton axles under my truck. He doesn't have any problems with rubbing, but I am sure he will with my rims I am giving him, b/c of the offset. Just alittle trimming required or a small lift.

I hope I am not confusing anyone. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is what I know will work.
    /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

So you are saying I can fit 33" tires on my stock rims with no problems? What width would I be looking for?

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Your stock rims should be 16s, and the largest you can fit without rubbing is 285/75r16. They are close to 33". If you go to 15" rims you will generally have rubbing problems since the 15s have to stick out farther. </font color>

5. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

There was a little rubbing on the calipers, but within a drive through the neighborhood, it was gone. The size was
    33x12.50x15.
    If I was you, go with 31" BFG's AT's SWEET TIRE! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Looks like the tires are gonna have to wait. Truck died on me last night and I had it towed to the dealership. No way to get to work, so I figured I'd just pay to get it fixed. If only my new carb had come in for my Trans Am I could drive that. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Oh well.