Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

biggest tires at stock height and at 4" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rennyd, Jul 22, 2004.

1. rennyd

rennyd Registered Member

biggest tires at stock height and at 4\" lift

We just bought an 84 diesel suburban 2500 4x4. The thing sits pretty high to start with. How big of a tire can I get on this without a lift - I'm looking for taller and wider. It has 235/85/16s now. What about a 4" lift kit - what could I then get under it. I am looking for something along the lines of 315/75/16 (I think that was the size. - 35 inch equivalent) It will be used for primarily street/dirt/snow and some mild 4wheeling. I don't want to go to high as our 8yr old and her freinds have to get in and out of this and my wife will be the main driver Also as to 4" kit any recomendations? Please let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

Thanks
    Renny

2. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Re: biggest tires at stock height and at 4\" lift

With or without fender hacking?

3. Re: biggest tires at stock height and at 4\" lift

I have that exact combo you asked about on my 3/4 ton Suburban. I did not trim my fenders, and so far I have not hit them under spring compression. But, my Sub is a daily driver, so it sees more streets than dirt.

Mat

4. rennyd

rennyd Registered Member

Cool do you have pics? Please let me know as I may have a line on the tires and if I can go straight on that would be great.

Thanks
    Renny

5. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" w/315/70/17 no rubbing at all. I have some pics in the link of my sig

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

You can fit 35's on a stock truck with no lift.. maybe a little nip on the fenders here and there. With 4" of lift you can fit 38's pretty easy but the biggest I would go is a 40" tire since you will most likely hit the firewall. Since this is a street rig, 33's on stock suspension and 35's with a 4" lift. That ought to look plenty cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Don't forget to mount the tires on 20" gold spoke wheels. BLING BLING /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif (I'm tired /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif)

7. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I had 33's on a stock sagging suspension and they were too big. Hit the fenders when I turned the wheel and compressed the suspension. A little trimming would have fixed it though.

-Chris