Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

biggest tires to run?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chops76, Oct 16, 2005.

1. chops76

chops76 Registered Member

May 6, 2005
    i have a 1976 blazer that i drive everyday because i love it. i dont take it off road too often and if i do , its usually in the mud, nothing too hard core. i have a 6" suspension lift and currently running 35" bfg's but they look too small. the front fenders have already been trimmed so the guy i bought it from must have been running something bigger, possibly 39.5"s. i am willing to trim the fenders and the rear quarters to run the biggest size tires i can without rubbing on the inside of the fender wells and much more modifications. anybody know about how big and wide i can go? i run a sweet 350 with a 350 trans. w/np203 converted case, dana44's with 12 bolt in the back, 4:10 gears. i will be in the process of upgrading to a dana60 with a one ton rear. also, does anybody know the regulations in Illinois for vehicle hieght and widths?thanks guys... :D
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2005
  2. shaun89

shaun89 1/2 ton status

Aug 7, 2005
    for what u seem like u want, some wrangler mt/r's (37x12.5xr15) are pretty nice, i found them for $196 each also, so pretty cheap, my friend has them on a '99 burb lifted 6" and its loooks perfecto, he did 2 cross country trips (including to alaska) and they still have about 40% tread left.