Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Biggest waste of time.. Think I'm gonna part the Willy's out.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Nov 9, 2005.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I just can't afford it. I'v changed so much on it I never seem to work on it and I feel like i'm getting farther away from wheeling it.

Parts only not selling whole unless osmeone makes a sweet offer. :crazy:

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I thought it might come to this... progress seemed mighty slow. Oh well, now you can go with something all-chevy. :grin: :thumb:

Might be able to take some parts off your hands... if I knew what ya had for sale. :)

j

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'v been working 7 days a week and have ZERO time for it and haven't worked on it months. I kinda wrecked my daily driver so I'm trying to get that cleaned up and sold. I'm basicly planning on swapping the running gear over to my suburban to I can have a dialy driver that can be a tow rig and pick up this guys 53 chevy he has and build a cruiser. then just use the burb if I need to tow or go skiiing. I haven't been wheeling in over 3 years in my own rig. if I build a off roader it owuld be a wrecked toy or jeep or chevy that I can tube out. :bow:

4. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

hey jeremy I have an idea for you. just finish it. you have changed so much crap on that thing in the last few years its pathetic. and it has never seen a trail. instead of always changing things just finish it enough to get out and have some fun with it.

5. jekbrown

come on now, we can't have that! :grin: Not sure why, but its soooo easy to get caught in that trap. I'm damn near a web wheeler myself. I think it comes from a) not having a lot of time to wheel, b) enjoying working on your rig as much as you like driving it and c) you can spend 20 mins fiddling with your truck in the driveway, you can't fit actual wheeling in your schedule that easy. ;) it would be cool to show up at TSF one day and see Jeremy in the willys...

j

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

geez i got ambushed with "keep it" messages...soo I guess I'm keeping it. I would like to go to 488 or 513 though now,LOL

7. jekbrown

nooooo, no changes. Finish it and DRIVE the dang thing! :thumb: If it'll help we can have a friendly "who can get their rig trail-ready sooner" competition. :D

j

8. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

nooooo, no changes. Finish it and DRIVE the dang thing! If it'll help we can have a friendly "who can get their rig trail-ready sooner" competition

exzactly.
    dont change a freaking thing. just finish it as is and go get to wheelin.

9. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I say finish it too . I have a 57 cj5/m38 thats getting full width 3/4 ton chevy axles and all chevy power . it will be 4 linked and stretched to 100" and running 39 iroks and lot's of tube . maybe we meet up at TSF and do some trail's ! this will be my rock crawler as my burb is just to dang big for the crazy stuff . Ryan(thejeepguy) has a 55 or so truck that he's working on, 454 , 60/14bolt bla,blah . I think they look cool . If I could get one (willys truck) my burb would get raped and pillaged really quick :haha: . lot's of luck getting it together , Bruce .

10. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

okay so who all is interested in a " who can finish thier trail rig 1st" compitition?

when our due date? and what classifies as "done"?

11. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well, since a rig is never 'done', first to actually get it to TSF/Sand Lake/wherever and engage 4WD should win............. :haha: