Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

biggest wheel/tire

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Ranger, Jan 3, 2003.

1. TX Ranger

TX Ranger Newbie

Hey guys, new to the forum. Looks like a nice set up!

I know this has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find anything using the search. I just got a 78 K5 Jimmy that is 2wd and the weenie tires on it have to go. I'm thinking of going with 15x8 Rock Crawlers with 31x10.5's. Will this combo fit with no rub? I'm almost certain it will but having no previous experience I thought I would look to the experienced guys for help.

I don't plan on lifting it right now and NEED new tires as the ones on it right now aren't safe at all. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

i run 31x11.50s on 15x8.5 wheels, with no rub. 32s are aboutt he largest i have heard.. 33s will fit in the back, but would look funny to me....

3. TX Ranger

TX Ranger Newbie

Good to hear, i figured they would but wanted a second opinion before dropping $600. Thanks for the help.

4. prerunner1982

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I agree...31's would look nice!! Post some pics when ya get 'em on....or email 'em to me and I'll put on my site for 2wd Blazers...prerunner/lifted style. Welcome to the site...now take a couple of minutes and fill out your profile so we'll know all about ya!!

6. prerunner1982

so what michael, i am not good enough cause i have a truck? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

What can I say.....I'm a predjudiced Blazer fan!! If I started puttin' trucks on there I would never see an end to them. Blazers are special ya know....'specially the 2WD lifted ones!! Put a camper shell on yours and maybe it'll slip past the review board...... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif