Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bike carrier

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAPTAINK5-CT, Sep 29, 2000.

1. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

Picked up a Reese 4 bike carrier at K mart for $99. It fits in a class 3 hitch and pivots down so you can open your gate. It's called an Outfitter. It also has a location on the end for a trailer ball so you can carry your bikes and tow a trailer. Assembly was pretty straight forward. Haven't had a chance to test it yet. Probably this weekend.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Please post how it worked out. I am contimplating whether or not to get one of those or a Saris B.A.T it comes as a two bike carrier but can convert to a four bike. They are built on a 4 bike frame. The Saris hitch here in MD is only $119. What kind of features did it come with? Can I lock the bikes in place or are they going to swing around and hit my bumper or tailgate?

3. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

The instructions recommend using bungees to help steady the bikes. Also, there is a hole that goes through the clamp that holds the bikes on (the clamp is two piece, one permanent the other removable) you can put a pad lock through this the keep the bikes from being stolen. Didn't get a chance to try the rig, I have to work a private duty job this weekend.