Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bike Week

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by o2bjimmy, Aug 7, 2006.

1. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

Sturgis is fun and all but being a local really sucks. Heres what I get to put up with too and from work each day.

[​IMG]

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't miss it. When I first moved to Rapid, the ralley was fun, but after a couple years up there, it got too be a big hassel. About 2 weeks of not being able too go anywhere with all the idiots playing biker. I respect the real bikers, but it seamed like over 80% of them at the ralley were on a bike for thier first time. It really is scarry with all the motorcycle wrecks every year.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Laconia too...

The "Bike Week" held in Laconia NH is getting the same way..12 people DIED in accidents ,either en route,or while in NH that week in June...glad I don't live there,I have enough morons on crotch rockets to watch out for as it is around here..sunday one passed me doing a wheelstand on Rt.295 in RI,going about 80 mph!..scared the s*** outta me! VVVRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!..he must have been going 120+ after a 1/4 mile-..I was hoping to see him splattered on the asphalt further up the road..:mad:

That was right after I had to follow another mental midget in an 86 Pontiac Bonneville hauling a mattress and box spring tied to the roof ,held on (barely)with duct tape and twine!:eek1: ..and since I was taking an exit 2 miles up the road,and tractor trailers had me pinned in so I couldn't pass,I had to stay behind him!--every time that matress picked up in the front,I thought sure it would be in my LAP ..moron was going about 65 too!..:yikes:

One question..why is it motorcycles are usually void of any mufflers,and seldom if ever get pulled over because of the noise?..yet my muffler comes off my truck,and within a few miles,I'm being told to "fix it,or ticket"..:mad: