Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bikini top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1975k5, Oct 22, 2001.

1. 1975k5

1975k5 Registered Member

does anyone know of a bikini top for a 75 blazer?

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Off Road Design makes them.

Check out the <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/softtops.htm>Off-Road Design</a> web site for more info.

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No, a bikini top......[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nobody makes one. I made one out of a 6x8 canvas tarp I got from Northern. I then hit Home Depot and bent some Conduit for bows before I had a full cage. Total cost was about $45 with a snap instalation kit that I also got at Northern.
    If your just looking to cover the front seats you might try a bikini for a FJ40 Land cruiser. They are wider then Jeeps. J.C.Whitney sells one along with a track for attaching to the windsheild of the FJ. You can probably screw it just above the wind sheild or find a top to cut the front off of if dilling is a issue.
    Some pictures of my home brew on my site. link in my sig below.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I made my own. I made a frame out of 1/8"x1" aluminum that bolted to the factory holes (the ones for the visor and on either side of the mirror if 2nd gens are the same as a 1st). I then put snaps on it and a piece of vinyl that went over the roll bar. I put gromets on the back of the vinyl and tied the back down to the bed rails. The way I did it there is a small gap in the front but it is covered by the visors so it is no big deal. I did this because I want to install a full soft top sometime but don't want to have 2 sets of holes in the windshield frame. If you have any other questions just ask.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Did somebody say bikini top ?

www.geocities.com/rizmonkey

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

`She can cover my truck with those any time Riz, plus there is a bonus they're built not bought[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!