Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bikini Top

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tybee, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Took the top off and need to keep the sun off the kids, who sells bikini tops? Or has anyone fabricated there own?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Cant afford one of those yet, looking for something open on the sides and covered on top.

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Check this out. You could do something like this pretty easy. Maybe go to a boat shop and have one made. I can ask Dan how he did this if you like...
    [​IMG]

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i gotr a good canvas tarp off a duce and a half and took it to the apolstry shop and had them put snaps on it after i measured and cut it to the size i wanted.any good canvas tarp will work.i just happened to be in the right place at the right time to get the tarp when they were throwing it away(ARMY motorpool).it snapped onto the front of the windshield and i had them cut a whole and put in a plastic spacer with extra stitches and i held the rear down with bungees over the roll baR.only cost me 50 bucks to get the work done at the upolstry shop.they could probably get the material for not much more than that.id try it if you have one arouind. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replys, I think ill try the upholstery shops.

7. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

There was a post a while back i couldn't find it but some one used a bikini of a heep j7!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I didnt think of that.

9. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

I bought the Jeep Bikini. I believe it is the 1975 CJ5 ($40)that is supposed to work. I got it off the post mentioned above. I havn't put it on yet. The trick is going to be installing it. I was thinking about buying the jeep track that works with it and trying to make that work(another $20). At any rate, here is the link to the post
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=firstgen&Number=336360&Forum=firstgen&Words=bikini&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=336360&Search=true#Post336360

And here is the links to the pics SMP posted.
    http://www.k5crawler.rockcrawler.com/photo3.html