Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Billet Grill???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mingler, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Mingler

Mingler Registered Member

Guys,

Anybody have a link for a site that sells REALLY trick Billet Aluminum grills???

I've been looking all over and heven't been able to find anything as yet.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

3. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

i have been meaning to inquire about my grill as well. i have an '81k5. the grill is the "ice cube" design that was only in 81's and 82's. my question concerns the headlight bezels. there is just a blank spot under the headlights that looks like extended grill. is there any way to cover up that space beneath the headlight? does anyone make a custom grill that extends under the lights? thanx in advance.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Phantom Grill will cover over the headlights and the whole deal. The will do minimal effect to the beam on the light but the grill will cover over them. Might be a legality problem where you live so check that out. Your truck is probably low on the options list. Double headlights is usualy the higher package and singles are lower models.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Phantom Grill will cover over the headlights and the whole deal. The will do minimal effect to the beam on the light but the grill will cover over them. Might be a legality problem where you live so check that out. Your truck is probably low on the options list. Double headlights is usualy the higher package and singles are lower models.

6. 85chevy4x4

85chevy4x4 Registered Member

I just put a billet grille on my 85 chevy 3/4 4x4. I bought it from lmc. I only live about 5 minutes about from the lmc store so I could compare the brushed to the polished grille. The only difference is the polished one is a little shinier. They are both black on the inside of the grille. I polished mine myself with a buffing wheel and some compound. The fit and finish is awesome. I have the single headlight system and I purchased the gray plastic headlight bezels and new chrome trim to go around the whole outside of the grille. It looks a 100 times better than the stock plastic grille. I will try to take some pics tonight and post them tomorrow.

7. Mingler

Mingler Registered Member

That Sounds great. I'd like to see what it looks like on. I thought about the LMC one, but without seeing it, it's pretty tough to make that purchase.