Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Billet Grille for 89 Sealed beam grille?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Feb 1, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've seen Billet grilles for 89+ dual beam front ends but I haven't seen them for the sealed beam(1 headlight each side) setup. Anyone know of such a thing? I understand it will probably be a cut your old grille apart kind. Just compiling a list of things to do to my Suburban, I like this style front end and don't want to convert to the dual headlight setup.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

89 dident have the "new style" grill did it?
    if its just a regular sealed beam front end then you can use the same grill of a dual headlight truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. rjfguitar

89' was the first year for the really attractive horizontal mounted headlights and grille...

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

quite right but 89 was also the year for the new sealed beam front end too, I will go take a picture of my burb and post it showing you. I personally really like the sealed beam front end.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[​IMG]

and a gratuitous shot of the burb posing in the driveway.

[​IMG]

7. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

They are all sealed beam just to let you know. My 90 with the quad setup are the sealed beam 4701/4703s....

8. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They are all sealed beam just to let you know. My 90 with the quad setup are the sealed beam 4701/4703s....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah when all of them work /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    89' was the first year for the really attractive horizontal mounted headlights and grille

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now stop flirting with my grille and headlights /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    89' was the first year for the really attractive horizontal mounted headlights and grille

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now stop flirting with my grille and headlights /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Better look out...I might slip it a mickey and take it home with me... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

seriously, I really like those style front ends, thought about converting mine to that grille/headlights but I didn't wan't to mess with switching the radiator support, then I bought a billet grille for mine and decided "screw it". /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah when all of them work /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know John I fixed it on Saturday. It was really hard, Im glad I put it off this long, I mean it took me all of 5 mintues to cut the connector off and throw on some female spades...shew /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Maybe you can swap the 88 down outer bezels and turn signals onto that grill or go with a phantom.

Pictures of both in this post . The 2headlight set up is on the second page. Those grimm are $80 or so for the non haontom for Summit.