Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bilstein shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by oldschool75, Jul 29, 2002.

1. oldschool75

oldschool75 Registered Member

any one know of a part# for bilstein shocks (6" lift)

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

hey oldschool these fella might be able to help ya http://www.eshocks.com i just got some 6100 series 14" travel shocks they are 35" fully extended /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif . but they should be able to find ya somthin

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

what did they run you? i gotta get some this week

Later

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

the 6100 run somthing like $118 each i got all four for under $500 with shipping and man are they nice. give the fellas at eshock a call cause Bilstein is in the middle of retooling the 6100 series and they can be hard to get. they are changing the tubes of the 6100's from yellow to chrome, so untill they build up their inventory again some distributors are have probs getting them. The folks over at allprooffroad.com said they couldn't get'm but eshocks made one call and had them to me in a week direct from bilstein with the prudy yellow tubes. be aware the the 6100's use a 1/2" spherical eyelet (witch is great) but it can require some mods to yer shock mounts. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. fisher1648

fisher1648 Registered Member

A cheaper alternative could be the 5100 series. I just put them on and really like them. Paid $70 ea and they are factory rebuilable. They have a "brushed chrome" look instead of the traditional yellow - much nicer. I got mine through Kartek (www.kartek.com). They have the traditional rubber bushing/sleeve mounts using 1/2" bolts.