Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bin Ladin surrounded?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tomseviltwin, Feb 21, 2004.

1. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It would be nice if it was true. But if it is, what the fock are they waiting for? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Are these guys the British equivalent of the National Enquirer, or a legit news source? If the former, then it's probably just a headline and story that sells more tabloids. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im sure we all know what the U.S. is waiting for:
    CLOSER TO THE ELECTIONS!!!
    It would make an almost sure win for Bush /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Damn politics!!!

5. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I doubt its true...

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Im sure we all know what the U.S. is waiting for:
    CLOSER TO THE ELECTIONS!!!
    It would make an almost sure win for Bush /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Damn politics!!!

[/ QUOTE ] Ain't that the truth !!!!!! I do belive that "Someone" has known where that f_cken raghead has been hiding, but just waiting till it's CLOSER TO ELECTION time to catch him.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It would be nice if it was true. But if it is, what the fock are they waiting for? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be one politics, and two tactical advantage.

1. Bin Laden would be on the Pakistan side of the border. Although they've been helpful, well to a point; there's no way a US military unit could just bring down a firefight inside Pakistan, no matter who the target is. Furthermore, the area that Bin Laden is reputed to be in, most of the citizens are hardcore Muslim yahoos. And as we all have seen, they tend to stick together with other hardcore Muslim yahoos when we do something, and taking action in this area might inflamed these yahoos just a little too much.

2. Even though our guys are good, being in the enemie's backyard, if that is where they are; they are greatly outnumbered and being able to exfiltrate the area in a timely manner is impossible.

So all in all, even though we might be in position to watch him, we are not in position to snatch him. It's better just to keep an eye on him until the time is right.

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yea too bad we don't have a bleeding heart liberal in charge. He would never wait till election time for this....Oh wait the worthless [darn] would not be chasing him to begin with. He'd be home spending my money on the worthless [darn] that depend on government aid. And chasing interns. And letting fags get married.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i really really REALLY doubt that Gee Dub is sitting there waiting to go get the guy for political reasons. Think about it, if that fact EVER got out it would ruin him for life. If he gets bin laden at ANY time between now and the election, he's looking pretty good... so why risk total ruin when the alternative is 100% positive? Just doesnt make any sense.

I don't think terrain is stopping us from getting him either. I mean, you can close in slowly but surely and whever you encounter resistance you have a plane or a helo blast the crap out of it... wait for the dust to settle and keep moving forward. No fixed defenses can withstand our air power... not to mention that fact that SEALs/Delta/ForceRecon guys are about 85789475984375947092475934769476924857204982095724 times better soldiers than these terrorist wanna-be grunts.

j

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yea too bad we don't have a bleeding heart liberal in charge. He would never wait till election time for this....Oh wait the worthless [darn] would not be chasing him to begin with. He'd be home spending my money on the worthless [darn] that depend on government aid. And chasing interns. And letting fags get married.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

13. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

interesting /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif very interesting /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif [voice of the german guy on laugh-in]

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

15. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I never said he was waiting /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But now as I re-read my commenet I could see where it could be taken that way....But Im in too much of a pissy mood today to try to re-type it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif