Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

.bin

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by southernspeed, Jul 23, 2006.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

'91 7747 ecu for a 350" truck, is the stock bin a asdz or asdz_42 ?

2. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

I think there both the same.

KM

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Sorry too lazy to go research it (actually just a very slow internet connection) but I suspect the x_42 probably just indicates the mask.

ASDZ is actually the broadcast code, (BCC) but obviously the .bin is typically labeled with that, and the broadcast code was specific enough that you won't see the same broadcast code with different masks. (at least that I know of)

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thanks Dorian. I've tried searching for it but obviously not in the right places. I've compred the two .bins on my CATS programme and can't actually see any differences. I just wanted to make sure before I start messing around with them.
    I'm a real nube to burning so 'masks' etc are all Russian to me at the moment. I really need to put some time aside and sit down to read all that thirdgen sticky stuff again.

5. Creek

Creek Registered Member

To my knowledge all GM codes were either three or four letter codes. The _42 was probably added by someone who saved the bin and posted it on the net. I would think the _42 references the $42 program id. I've found a few asdu bins with additional characters or numbers that are the same as the standard asdu bin. Your safest bet is to upload the file from your stock eprom.

David