Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bios update, anyone with an asus board? help please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 10, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I need to update my bios pretty badly. Its revision 1004, and the latest version is like 1012. I've never been able to overclock my setup or change more than one or two options in my bios since I got the setup, think a BIOS update would help this, its worth a shot. But Asus' link to their version of WinFlash does not work. So does anyone have a newer Asus motherboard that could transfer me the winflash program? All I can find to download online are VGA Bios Flashers. Anyone know another program for flashing BIOS? I don't even own a 3.5" floppy drive to do it the old fashioned way anymore.

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

poke around the downloads section of their site for asus update.

you can flash the bios from windows :D

4. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

What motherboard are you running? I have an ASUS NCCH-DL. I think the highest bios release I can use is 1005. I have the software that came with it, but I dont know if it would be of help to you. This site has been good for me:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

... that was the point. I was looking for the utility to do it. However, I discovered in my searches last night, that all I have to do is press "Alt F2" while it is POSTing and I can access a built in Flash program. So I put the new Bios on a disc and flashed it.

Sure enough the BIOS was my issue with overclocking. I am now sitting at 2.3Ghz(factory is 2Ghz). Before I couldn't even get this thing to overclock to 2.01Ghz or change any memory settings. Already picked up 2000 points on my 3DMark 2001 score too :D

Thanks anyway guys.