Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

bit of advice while shipping through UPS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by down4thakrown, Jun 8, 2005.

1. down4thakrown

down4thakrown 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

YOU CAN NEVER USE ENOUGH TAPE. The top three reasons your box will be damaged,lost or put in another box is not enough tape, no enough packing or box cant handle wieght of item(s) in side. last night at work was a disaster cuz of these reasons.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'll trust UPS over FedEx any day of the week.

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

I am a UPS driver too. :cool1:

Remember, when shipping heavy items, make sure you imobilize the item shipped inside the box with lots of padding. A heavy piece that can move around inside will beat itself out of the box.

Oh and don't use DHL. They have ugly uniforms :xmas:

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

DHL will bring you moldy Pound Cake, too :(
    My mother sent me some pound cake for X-mas last year since I was unable to take leave to go home... month later I get moldy Pound Cake from DHL. She sent another one via UPS after my beloved Pound Cake failed to arrive after a week... showed up in three days :)

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

FedEx is way better than UPS, at least in my experience. My dads chem lab actually quit using UPS entirely because of to many broken containers. If you know anything about shipping dangerous chemicals, you know they are practically bomb proof and yet UPS still managed to break that steel ball in their rubber rooms. Common joke there was UPS stands for "Unusually Poor Service". Anyway, they switched to FedEx and never had another problem again.

j

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I've shipped with all three of them and US mail and had pretty good luck. The only complaint I've had with any of them is UPS account services. One thing I don't agree with is fees for fees for charging to ship stuff. It's like a big chore to setup an account so will have to charge you for that. It's a big hassle to maintain that account so will have to charge you for that as well. Of course we'll set you up with a thermal printer so everything is easier for us to read but we will bill you for it. Sounds more like a bank than a shipping company. Oh, and the best one, we're going to bill you weekly so you never have any idea of where you account really stands. :mad:

7. Gixx

Gixx Registered Member

Yeah, but I sure am happy when that Big Brown Truck rolls up to the door !