Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Bit pi$$ed at the Metal Bldg Co.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Jul 20, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got the Home Equity loan Friday. Got the contract in the mail for the building last night. It said in fine print on the concrete section " $10.00 a foot additional charge for footings. 30 foot bldg = $600.00 in hidden costs, I might have overlooked and not realized until they showed up to do the work. Huh!!!

Biggie though is: They quoted me $14,400 for the building with footings, and the Drawings to get a permit. Well, got to the contract and it said total costs, $18,895.00 !!! I called 'em up and ask nicely, WTF? To say it nicely, I didn't finish the conversation without a few choice words!!!

Well, I gotta start researching again. Have the cash, just gotta find the building again!!!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You could do it for half that if you did it yourself. :thinking: :deal:

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

what the the size of the building and also how tall?

thanks Patrick

4. dontoe

30X36 10 foot walls with concrete and insulated. May get a shorter (8 foot walls ) from another company.

Yea, it would be alot cheaper, but I work 12 hour shifts four or five days a week and alot of 6-8 hour days on my "days off"

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

6. dontoe

Thank's my friend. I reckon I'll get the slab and footings done by a contractor and assemble the building myself. Update y'all when I get some "concrete" numbers!

7. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My brother over in Knoxville hired seperate contractors to do the work on his and he helped them so they knocked some off of it. Has like 10 in it and it is compleete with 2 bays, 8 ft door and a 14 ft door. Not sure of the size but can easily fit 2 cars in it and still have a place to bend tube and an office above. Might be a good ideas and look into stuff like that.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

when the company i used to work for built our shop, we had the menonites come down and do it.

it was about 50 000 for a 3000+ sqf shop 16' ceilings trused, full foundation, steel inside and out insulated, with 3 man doors and about 8 windows. we did electrical and poured the floor

an other company quoted 48 for a saller building post and beem steel out side and no insulation.

hope you get er done;)

9. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

i'll cut you a hell of a deal on a bolt package for it and anything else you might need... pm me if youre interested

ps: my father and I operate a small business selling commercial and industrial construction supplies, fasteners, tools, and the like. most of our customers erect these type of buildings, we can supply everything but the building and the labor.

10. dontoe

I'm looking at a US Steel one right now.