Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Black 85 K5 STOLEN in Reno, NV

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sledge, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Sledge

Sledge Registered Member

Guys,

Last night, August 8, my black stock '85 Blazer was stolen in Reno, NV. It was taken from the south part of town, near South Meadows Pkwy.

License plate is Oregon 142 AMX. It's just a non-descript daily driver (don't know why they took it!). The only distinguising features are a running board on the driver's side (passenger's fell off /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ), missing K5 fender emblem on the driver's side & some driver's drip-rail rust.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone sees it give me a call @ (775)853-1371.

Thanks,

Brian "Sledge" Harms

2. bigmack

bigmack 1/2 ton status

If anybody see's it give sledge a call after you shoot the bastard that stole his truck /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I hope you get your truck back, and the theif's head on a stick. I posted this over at Off-Road.com for you also. </font color>

4. Yuba K5

Yuba K5 Registered Member

yahoo! getem boys! that sucks my wifes car got stolden from in front of are house last year.she was cryin like crazy for about 2 hours.car was a p.o.s. too.we got the thing back 2 days later without a new scratch on it and a full tank of gas. hope yours turns up the same way

5. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

I like the way you think.....

6. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

That royally sucks! I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm cruising around town. I'll PM you if I see it. I'll be out at the Hilton and the Peppermill tonight. You never know, it may turn up somewhere. I've got a black, lifted 82 Jimmy that would piss me off if it got stolen. Good luck man. If we find the bastard we'll get a rope. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Steve

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I saw a Black Blazer on the side of the road in Auburn,CA on the 8th But it wasn't there today.....Check the local PD for abandoned Rigs. Not sure on the plates though......The hood was up on it all day. I drove to Truckee and back that day.Hope its the one your lookin for.
    Bill C

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Brian, post this on the www.pirate4x4.com stolen truck board also............just adding to the amount of folks paying attention. Good luck. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

9. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

I live down in vegas I will keep and eye out ya never knowI hope its found.

10. Sledge

Sledge Registered Member

Thanks for the sympathy and offers to keep your eyes open guys. I'm really more annoyed at the inconvenience than truly mad -- were it the '72 Jimmy on which I'm doing the frame-off &amp; 1-ton conversion, then I'd be looking to bust some heads.

I had to pass up some killer deals at the swap meet on Sat, just can't fit as much into my buddy's RX-7 as a K5. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

Was that the swap meet out at summit racing?
    I didn't see you truck all weekend. Hope you find it.

Steve