Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Black Caucus: Whites Not Allowed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Jan 23, 2007.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

interesting article:

Freshman Rep. Stephen I. Cohen, D-Tenn., is not joining the Congressional Black Caucus after several current and former members made it clear that a white lawmaker was not welcome.
    "I think they're real happy I'm not going to join," said Cohen, who succeeded Rep. Harold Ford, D-Tenn., in a majority-black Memphis district. "It's their caucus and they do things their way. You don't force your way in. You need to be invited."
    Cohen said he became convinced that joining the caucus would be "a social faux pas" after seeing news reports that former Rep. William Lacy Clay Sr., D-Mo., a co-founder of the caucus, had circulated a memo telling members it was "critical" that the group remain "exclusively African- American."
    Other members, including the new chairwoman, Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich., and Clay's son, Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., agreed.
    "Mr. Cohen asked for admission, and he got his answer. ... It's time to move on," the younger Clay said. "It's an unwritten rule. It's understood. It's clear."

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0107/2389.html

Pretty fuggin outrageous if you ask me.

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I just read that too. What a bunch of chocolate bigots :mad: !!

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Whites hell, maybe someone should ask J.C. Watts about his experience..................

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

EXCELLENT POINT :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: !!!

5. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

ya know, the hell with all you white folk, we blacks dont need you, and no it isnt racist for us to act this way, its prejudice FOR the black man... (segmented from wife-swap)... some people have no ethics, common sense or morals... anyone of any race, that excludes anyone else, based solely on race, is a bigot and a moron

6. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What amazes me is that if there was a Miss White America it would be racist so how can a Miss Black America not be?

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

All other species try to be homongenous , from whales to squirrels . Why can't we choose to be with our own .

I do prefer to hang out with AMERICAN FOUR WHEELERS , thats MY kind :thumb:

8. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

hell, if it had more to offer than Dracula. i'd be ROMANIAN- AMERICAN!!:bow: we would all dress like gypsies from an old horror movie and ride into town on circus wagons.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cuz there are no black people. mostly brown,tan,etc.

11. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

or oprah's "the legends ball" honors black women ONLY

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yep. Like my dad has always said: if you want to know if a situation is racist or not... switch the colors around and see if there is a problem or outrage.

United White Boys College Fund
    Miss White America
    Congressional White Caucas
    White Entertainment Television
    'White Leader'

the list goes on and on. All of the above, if they existed, would be mercilessly attacked/destroyed for being racist. Switch the colors around, and people should be equally outraged... but they aren't. IMO, the reason is anti-black white racists... oddly enough. Anyone who thinks that black people need to have their own awards shows and their own college fund is a racist. They don't believe that a black person can make it on their own, so they are going to "help" them. Pretty sick **** if you ask me... and unbelievably humiliating for the unintentional victim as well.

I wrote a paper back in my senior year in high school wherein I suggested that the movie title "White Men Can't Jump" was absolutely no less racist than a (fictional) film titled "Black Men Can't Think". Raised some eyebrows... but no one could use logic to argue otherwise.

j

13. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Agreed all the way 'round.

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I dissagree to a point.
    If it is a Private club, group, whatever, thats fine, privatley owned, they can do what ever the crap they want.
    However, if it is somthing that is supposed to be open to the public, and it is only open to black, white or purple people, than that is ignorant.

15. jekbrown

what surp said... once you start trying to regulate private groups... its a hella slippery slope. I mean if you have a superbowl party and invite 10 friends over.. and they all just happen to be white men, you ain't a racist/sexist... they are just your football watching buddies. Even if you are, that isn't illegal in this country (just dumb). Nothing anyone should do about private groups.

The problem is when public groups, that should be accessable to everyone, aren't.

j

16. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

Agreeded, so is the Black caucus a private group or public? I guess that should be the question. You can not regulate the behavior of private groups, unless they have a violent or hateful agenda. The KKK, or Nazi groups, or groups like Move (out of Philly), or the Sons of Israel( a small Black hate group from NYC) are all small groups (some quite larger than others). I don't know if you would consider them private or public but they all are exclusive. There is a difference between a group showing thier pride and one that is built/used for hate.

17. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I'd call 'em a private group for "public servants" dedicated to advancing a certain agenda, in this case, advancing the liberal agenda in the black community..(much like the NAACP isn't about advancing the black cause, as much as it's about advancing liberalism )

they have a right to believe what they want, and set membership criteria as they see fit.. my problem comes in when the libs don't allow other groups the same rights. ( such as the boy scouts )

Tom

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

don't even get me started on the boy scouts

19. jekbrown

for the sake of clarity: Im not suggesting that the Black Caucas (if indeed private) should be banned or forced to accept white members.... what I am saying is that they are a worthy target for critics/people to give crap to because their views are racist. Sort of like the KKK. Nothing illegal in this country about the KKK (assuming they don't lynch anyone etc) but that doesn't mean that we all can't give them **** for being ignorant hate-filled assholes. If there was a White Caucas, it would be attacked DAILY by all kinds of groups and individuals for being racist. The Black Caucas should be on the receiving end of the same ****.

j

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

True. Turnabout's fair play. I was listening to the radio yesterday and (I think) Sean Hannity was interviewing Niger Innis and Charles Barron (two black politicians on pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum) about this whole situation and this Barron asshat was saying that when you are a minority and are "constantly discriminated against by the man" that it's pretty much impossible to be a racist, the old "only majorities can be racists" canard.

ANd this Barron idiot said that Innis was a disgrace to black men for inviting Hannity to an MLK event (you know, 'cause he's a white devil and all).