Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Black Hawk Down - The Movie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 13, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Great Movie. I saw it a couple years ago, but I rented it again a couple days ago and am home sick from work today, so I got around to watching it.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: Black Hawk Down

Yup, sure is. I finally saw about a month ago while I was down in school......

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Saw it in theaters, and I rarely go to movies. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Oh yeah I own it.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have utmost respect and appreciation for those who flew these in battle , hell for any service man . We love you all /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

BTW The border patrol was in the paper here this morning using that helicopter and a crew in a joint operation to find and round up aliens . /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Great Movie. I saw it a couple years ago, but I rented it again a couple days ago and am home sick from work today, so I got around to watching it.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Home sick AGAIN????

j/k /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Indeed, that is a great film. I have the 3 disc deluxe version. Tons of extra's and documentaries from The History Channel and PBS. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Home sick AGAIN????

[/ QUOTE ]

My first sick day in years! I only stayed home because it was taking too long to get through the Dr. this morning and by the time I got to work it would be pointless.

That was a great movie, and even if you question why we were involved, it's one more reminder that the American Soldier is a cut above the rest.

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

The History Channel had a real good special on it. I saw that before I saw the movie - still pretty intense. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Great movie, but it pissed me off. Just another example of how our men and women in the armed forces get shafted when we work with the UN and go to a war zone with political restrictions in place.

10. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Loved the movie though.

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Good story, and a pretty accurate accounting of the situation, but I shall not get started on why it should have never happened......

John

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Yep great flick. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

best part about the flick is the timeline at the begining... which basically says... 'marines were there and the terrorists didnt try crap... once the army took over... this is what happened...'

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

just playin', u army guys are 'aight in my book, no matter what they say about ya. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

14. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

Marines did not try to take out the warlords.

15. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Ummmm, yes they did.

I worked with a guy who's Combat Action Ribbon came from a raid in Somalia to go after one of Aideed's lieutenants, before the Marines left and the Army took over.

BTW, I'm not starting an Army vs. Marine Corps thing here, I'm just establishing the timeframe.

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Marines did not try to take out the warlords.

[/ QUOTE ]

if they had, there wouldn't have been any left for the Army to play with... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

17. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I felt so bad for those two marines trying to save that pilot. The least we coulda done was drop off some ammunition and weapons for them.

18. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

i think it was 2 delta force fellas in there tryin to save the pilot....I missed that OP by chance, I was offered the opportunity to go, but passed and stayed State side. I know several guys that rolled with the Marines...I guess it was pretty hardcore (driving down the street and people tryin to take stuff out of the HMMV's and such...a lot of guns thrust in the chest.

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I felt so bad for those two marines trying to save that pilot. The least we coulda done was drop off some ammunition and weapons for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

js is right, it was two guys from Delta that did that. The last two to be awarded the CMH, and posthumously at that................

20. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

If only I had 1/10th of what those guys got.

And if Kerry only had 1/10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif