Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

black steel, 15x10, 8 lugs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GRAYTEXK5, Jun 16, 2004.

1. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

I know this has been asked many times before...but when I tried the search, it brought up just about everything BUT what I was looking for. I am trying to find some black steel 8 lug, 15x10 wheels. does someone have a link to where I can get some? I tried 4WP and other stores around here, and no one has them, so I assume I will have to order them direct from a manufacturer? but I don't know who still makes them. thanks in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

www.eaton.com the proffesionals choice /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I like the black BEADLOCKS or the black SIMULOCKS /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifJake

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I see the link, and went to the site, but can't find any rims anywhere. Does anyone have a more specific link?

My friend and I were just looking for the same rims, to no avail.

5. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

I believe that is a different EATON company. I got my black EATON Rims from National Tire and Wheel www.natltire.com They can make any width up to 14" and any backspacing. It may take alittle while on shipment because they are made to order rims. They told me a month but I got them in two weeks. They are very heavy steel rims.

6. chickenass

chickenass Registered Member

I purchased white spoke rims at Les Schwab and just rattle canned them black. They were around $32 each.

7. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers has them. You may have to go to the Dallas store to get them (if you want to save on shipping) $53 or so, but they will haggle with you for a better price.

PS-the web site doesn't show them, but they have 'em
    [​IMG]

8. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

ok, thanks guys. I may try the dallas store, see if they have em. if not, I guess I'll give national tire a call. also...what about running beadlocks on the street? anyone know if these are actually illegal in TX? and even if they're not "legal", will anyone really say anything to you for running them anyway? basically, are there any drawbacks to running them, like safety issues, or any other downsides, other than legal issues? again, thanks for the help.

9. trollporter

It's not that they are illegal. But they aren't DOT approved, but niether are fuzzy dice on your rearview or six foot wings on these ricers. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I payed 85 beans apiece for my Eatons.

10. GRAYTEXK5

GRAYTEXK5 1/2 ton status

well, I knew they weren't DOT approved, but...I thought they were actually illegal some places. so does anyone run them on the street, and have any problems? and you paid $85 for which eatons, just plain black steel ones? that's probably where I'm gonna get mine too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. trollporter

I payed $85 apiece for them a year ago. They are black 15x12 with a 3" backspacing. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif