Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

black widdow brake line question???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twoslo4five0, Mar 26, 2007.

1. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

alright i installed my lines today and i had to buy one new banjo bolt...couldnt find one anywere so i finaaly found one in the help section at advance...it was a lil shorter than the stock one but only a little...put the brake lines on an both are leaking...there is supposed to be a crush sleve on each side of the banjo joint right???i have one on each side and the one closest to the caliper is the one leaking....Any advice would be helpfull...thanks...

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

make sure the brake line sits flat on the casting. Also check the copper washer to make sure it sits in the right spot on the caliper too. May also try a wider washer too. anyone who stocks the raybestos line will have a few to pic from.

3. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

The banjo bolt you need to fit your truck properly is Dorman 13940 Thread M10x1.5 Length 22.8mm Hex 11mm. Some brake lines do not require the use of a copper washer or crush sleve between the banjo bolt head and the hose line. This question is best left answered by Shane. He is great on customer service and will help you out! Give him a call.

Hope this helps. I'll post up any further info I find.

EDIT: On the phone with Shane. Yes, copper washers/sleeves go on both sides. Make sure that the brake line is squarely fit into the crevace in the caliper. If it's not square flush, it will be elevated and may leak. Check your line fittings. Odds are that you have the wrong banjo bolt. Shane is ready to assist you. I've referred him to this post and he will work with you. Call him. If you can email or PM him pics that would be helpful. Also, make sure you do not install the line upside down. Make sure the small side is down, longer side is up. The edge is beveled.

Manny

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hmmm...wierd. This is the first time we have had a "leak" issue with any of our brake lines.:thinking:

The suggestions above are the same I would have given. Good job guys! :)

Would it be possible to get pictures of how you have them installed? I will take a photo of how mine are installed on my D44 and post it up.

No matter what, we'll get you taken care of.

If you get it figured out before I am able to get the pics posted, please let me know what the issue is.

5. twoslo4five0

i used the crush sleves you provided with the lines but mine are a little bigger should i use the stock ones???

6. twoslo4five0

so the truck is all done i drove it home last night....i have firmer pedal...the brake lines did it for sure....a+++ i highley recomend...

7. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

So what was your problem?

8. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

His D44 calipers took two different size bleed screws. Until he found the correct sizes the hose connection would not seal right.

Manny

9. twoslo4five0

now i have more brake probles...what a nightmare...

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Whats going on now? Anything we can help with?

11. twoslo4five0

12. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Okay,

Well, that's a good way to trouble shoot. Yes it sounds like the caliper may be an issue. Just a friendly suggestion. The way you positioned everything, it came across as if Black Widow Performance was at fault or issue. When you are looking for help, try to be as descriptive as possible so we can help troubleshoot and resolve the matter quickly, efficiently and safely. The way you explained it made Shane sound to be problem, when truly it appears that it may not be. Hang in there, you have my number. I'm standing by to help any way I can. Glad you weren't hurt.

Manny