Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

black widow in the grill

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ksblaze83, Sep 19, 2005.

1. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

Real crappy quatlity pics but this is what i found hangin around in my grill tonight. Thought i would share, it's body was a lil smaller than a dime, so wasn't huge but scared the **** out of me when i put my hand in there to light it!

After the grill got fired up it crawled out on the ground and i sprayed the shiat out of it w/the bug spray until it stopped moving!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's the first "dangerous critter" I showed my wife when she moved here from England. Second was yellow jackets and then poison ivy!

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

next time open it crank the gas, back away and wait till you smell it the strike a match and chuck it!!!!!

that will teach it

4. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

was playin T ball with my almost 4yr old son last night and walked into a spider web, it had a huge spider in it at the time. ofcourse i freaked and started flalling my arms like a sissy girl, my son laughed, it was pretty funny. then i wacked it with the T bat cause it almost got me. damn i hate spiders.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Fire in the hole. :haha:

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

The other ones ya gotta look out for are the Brown Recluse spiders,,,they are nasty critters.

We have scorpions here, see them every once in awhile, kinda nice at times having a few cats runnin around to help take care of those :p:

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I usually relocate widers and any other spiders I see in places where I know there are gonna get smashed. They eat lots of flies and other flying bugs that I like less than spiders. :o

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I hate spiders..

I HATE spiders of any size--but especially the tarantula sized brown recluses that live in woodpiles around here--one day a few months ago,I spotted one crawling up the door jamb in my shop-the biggest one I've seen yet!:eek1: -I had a bottle of castrol "Super Clean" nearby,and gave him a good dousing--frigging thing kept coming at me!..so I ran in the shop and got some WD-40 and a BBQ lighter--had a spider roast!--he burned until he popped like a peice of popcon!...that'll teach him to live where I am!.. :mad:

I dont care how many bugs they eat--after one dropped down my shirt when I oppened my overhead garage door one day,and I got bit--that was it for me!--any spiders that come near me dont live long!--there are plenty of woods nearby for them to inhabit--dont want them in my house,shop,or vehicles..They often bite me while I'm sleeping too--my bedroom is in the basement--a haven for all kinds of spiders,from daddy longlegs,to any other size ones--I HATE walking thru cobwebs--feels like you can never get them off of you. A brown recluse bite can really make you very ill!.. :eek1:

I got cut pretty badly when I was working under the dash of my 66 Buick Electra,I was installing a stereo after I just bought it--car had been parked quite awhile before I got it--there was a huge spider living in the wiring behind the dash--when I saw it move,and how big it was,I bolted as fast as I could out from under the dash--put a nice 6" gash in my neck that needed stiches!..I flushed the spider out with my garden hose and stomped it 20 times with my boot!--then I noticed blood dripping all over the place..had to get taken to the ER to get sewn up... :mad:

I'm glad the only snakes I see here are garter and hog-nosed snakes!--I've seen one Copperhead in my hometown many years ago,and a Water Mocosin in a pond there too!--and a Diamondback Rattler in the Blue Hills Reservation not that far from here a forest ranger caught!..glad I've never seen any in my yard--though its possible that there are a few around here--got plenty of woods behind us,and lots of stone walls to hide in that go for miles all over MA..I'm a bit paranoid when I'm poking around with my metal detector out in the woods!..I dont like doing it alone..just in case I DO come across one,and I get bitten! :eek1: ....

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

A few cats :haha::haha::haha:

11. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

You let that fscker live long enough to get a picture? He would have been doused in starting fluid and running around with a 4' flame on his back within 15 seconds.....

12. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

dan, that thing is nasty. I can't stand spiders at all. when i see one it ends up dead instantly. My friend's brother got bit by a brown recluse, and he got way sick, and his hand swelled up big time..

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

found another Recluse at work today, customer flipped when i brought out my "spider torch", a can of acrysol and a lighter. just a quick blast, and they dont move anymore.

14. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

hell no as soon as i seen him i fired up the grill until he crawled out and then i doused him with our economy sized bug stop until he died and then spread him out with a shishcabob and took some pics then crushed him :D

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ive never seen a brown recluse, but a friend got bit and was sicker then hell. I caught a big damned wolf spider in a mason jar one time, that poor bastard had a slow and painful death through startvation. Although Im fairly certain he was the one that bit me in my sleep when i was living in a basement appartment two summers ago. The ones that scare the hell out of me the worse are the big black and yellow striped spiders in the soybean feilds and ditchs. Im sure stomper knows the ones im talkin about. Ive heard them called garden spiders and sheep spiders but i dont know the real name all i know is i missed more weeds after i walked through one of their webs and had one on my jeans then before i had when i walked beans

16. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Find lots of the little suckers from time to time around elec. panels at work and such places. Probably had a wife and kids. Now widowed and fatherless. :doah:

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

finally someone that gets it. :bow: the only bugs in AMERICA that bother people are flies and mosquitoes.NO other bug goes after people but them. :D everthing else bites when ITS bothered. :bow: :bow: you are to cool.

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

know what DREY, you guys have worse spiders than we do MORE WORSER :haha: :haha: wow, you have the brown recluse! the descovery channel had a crazy episode about those.very scary. :eek1:

19. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Thanks. My man thinks I'm little nuts when I tell him to get a cup so I can get a spider out of the shower or tub. Don't know that I'd do that if we had to deal with the brown recluse tho... those spiders are scary! :yikes:

When I was living at home we had a really big black widow living in our garage. My mom used to catch flies and toss them into her web ... we are kinda weird like that :screwy:

20. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

i had a black wido crawl from a chair to the back of my leg once.

i hate spiders now and i have like attacks of some kind when i see one (just the big ones)

i found one when i was working on my car late one night, he was under my rear passenger fender and he made a web from my gastank to my fender. by the bumper in a bigass web.
    he was about 3-4 in in diamiter.

what made me freak out was the fact i had my head under the car 3-4 times before i saw him.

i hate not fitting in the garage.