Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blah Blah Blah Japanese Stuff Blah Blah Blah

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Reviews:

Film:

Full Time Killer - Great film, amusing sidelines, shotgun assasin with a Bill Clinton mask. Generally a gunplay movie, but in a good way. I bet that anyone here would enjoy it unless you hate subtitles.

The Happiness Of The Katakuris - Strange as hell. I can't even equate it to anything... let's see.... well, the "Overdose" and "I shot marvin scenes" from Pulp Fiction along with ****ed claymation and wierd song and dance numbers. Fairly good, wouldn't recommend unless you're a fan of Takashi Miike (He did Audition and Ichi The Killer) Black humor.

Audition - Strange, freaky, plodding towards an epic finale. A general commentary about crazy girlfriends. Hard to follow in a Tarintino way. Takashi Miike.

Oh, and I just got a Penpals album of ebay for $11 shipped. I could only find it for $36 in online stores. Happy happy kiddie

Penpals

Side note - I made $40 today for an OS install plus a few programs

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

hmmm, may have to look into "The Happiness of the Katakuris" seeing as I'm likely the only other one on here who has seen Ichi.

3. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I'm sitting in class right now studying Yoshimune and the prohibition of european books in the Japanese empire...

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My sister in law's in Japan right now with her grandmother on her annual visit. Want me to have her pick anything up for ya? :)

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man the TRAILER for that is f-ed up!!

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I think you'd like it, though I think you'd like fulltime killer more, it's kind of a Japanese "Boondock" with no moral justficaion of the killing, and competeting assasins.

Well I can't think of anything specific... maybe some of that crazy Black Black gum. I'd appreciate anything really dorky touristy too. I kept the damn shopping bag surpip sent my junk in. Hooray for fortune arrows.

Yeah...... "I have a taste for sweet things"