Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blame MTV?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Confedneck, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

ok.. who remembers columbine? when marylin manson and MTV got bad press because the students who were responsible for the tragic shootings happened to listen to the music produced/played by these 2 entities?

step ahead to now.. who has seen the new MTV commercial?
    kids hanging out in a basement just chilling.. one kid says "who wants to play spin the bottle?"
    so he runs up stairs and gets a bottle from the fridge, comes back downstairs, and everyone else is going at it on the floor and couch, etc.. and on the screen it says

"Blame MTV".. now who do we blame for teenage pregnancy??

just my deep thought for the day..

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I blame MTV for a lot of things... but horrid parents are bad too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i dont blame mtv for anything. If a kid was influenced to do something by it its the parents fault they watched it. When I was a kid my parents had Mtv blocked so I couldnt wtch Bevis and Butthead. Because my parents cared about what I watched on TV I turned into an alright person.

Nick

4. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i dont blame mtv for anything. If a kid was influenced to do something by it its the parents fault they watched it. When I was a kid my parents had Mtv blocked so I couldnt wtch Bevis and Butthead. Because my parents cared about what I watched on TV I turned into an alright person.

Nick

5. Confedneck

[ QUOTE ]
    I turned into an alright person.

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

you did? burgaling turds with winches is a little less than alright.. JK of course.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I watched Beavis and Butthead... and I think I'm alright... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

im not burgaling turds thats fumes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I didnt say that because of BaB ppl get [darn] up. Im just saying that ppl should take responsibility for their own actions insted of blaming others for their F**k ups.

nick

9. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

hehe hehe fire fire auuugh

I am the great cornholio!

I need TP for my bunghole!

Holy crap I remember that stuff too.
    Yeah I blame the parents for the problem, they don't pay enough attention to kids today.

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I agree with Unick.. People need stop pointing the finger... A child should know right from wrong from what they are taught by their parents.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I agree with Unick.. People need stop pointing the finger... A child should know right from wrong from what they are taught by their parents.

[/ QUOTE ] If it was only that easy. You gotta take into consideration the fact that most parents today are afraid to spank their kids because someone will call them in for child abuse. Now add in all the “Gangsta” rap videos that glorify violent crimes like drive by shootings, and it’s a completely different story. I’m not saying all kids will turn out rotten because of this, but I believe it does influence the youth of today. Now this is just my opinion, and I can be wrong.

12. Confedneck

ill tell ya what.. i sure as hell got my share of whoopins whenever i did something wrong, and i deserved every one of them.. the problem with todays society is...

you cannot hold anybody responsible for his/her own actions..

its simple, "my daddy hit me".."why?".."he just did"

now wtf... the kid does something wrong, gets punished and cant handle it.. its freakin rediculous..

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    ill tell ya what.. i sure as hell got my share of whoopins whenever i did something wrong, and i deserved every one of them.. the problem with todays society is...

now wtf... the kid does something wrong, gets punished and cant handle it.. its freakin rediculous..

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, my dad wooped my ass when I was a little sh_thead, and I'm glad he did. It tought me respect for others and thier property. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Emmettology 101

I agree that there is alot of stuff on TV that in influencial(sp?) but a child should know what is ok to do and not ok... Sure people are goign to make mistakes, bt you cant point the finger at a video and say "Thats the reason my son shot 4 people!".. Maybe the parent needed to spend more time with their child! Parents today seem to push kids off onto other things such as TV and babysitters to watch them ratehr than spend time with them. Not pointing any fingers or saying I know anyone that does this. Children need a good understanding of right and wrong and this should be taught by the parents. If a parent spend quality time with a child, that child will have a good idea of whats right and wrong from what they learn from the parent and it will help them make better decisions in their own lives.

15. Confedneck

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, my dad wooped my ass when I was a little sh_thead, and I'm glad he did. It tought me respect for others and thier property. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and now you're a big sh_thead.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Emmettology 101

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here... This is bullshit that you cant reprimand(sp?) your own child anymore. Hell when I was young, if I did something wrong, I got a whoopin! Nothing brutal, but a belt across the ass or something.. Without some sort of punishment how is a child supposed to learn right from wrong? Whoever start this crap with the not ebing able to spank your kid ought to be whoop'd themselves! That is a big problem in todays society!

If and when I have kids if my child comes home and is saying that a teacher told them I am not allowed to punish them in that sort of way, then we're having a parent/teacher confrence and I am going to be pissed! I know when the time comes if I have a child and I have to punish them I will have a hard time spanking them, but they need something. Sending them to their rooms nowadays doesn't work since most kids have TV, internet, PS2's, etc. in their rooms... But a psanking shouldnt be against the law!

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    bt you cant point the finger at a video and say "Thats the reason my son shot 4 people!".

[/ QUOTE ] Agreed, it's the communation of meny things.

18. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I think its the enviroment that kids grow up in that induces violence, not the media. Enviroment as in parents, social life, neighborhood, school, friends, etc.

19. Confedneck

the problem with the environment, is it includes influential products, such as MTV, the internet and violent tv programs.. the problems with these products lies not in the product itself, but in the fact that some parents are "too busy" with whatever other aspect of life to properly watch over their children, and supervise what they are or are not exposed to, its not for the lack of trying, because media (tv) has started with the ratings for every program now, to make the job of parenting easier and more simplistic..

20. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I really doubt the tools that shot up columbine watched TRL all day.