Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blanca Peak, CO

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Butch, Jun 27, 2001.

1. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

How many people are going to be able to make it to Blanca the weekend after the 4th? Will be a fun trip most likely with Carnage.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

You know i'm still in.Need too talk too Greg down here and try too run it saturday.That late night return then going too work the next day just didn't work too good.Unless we run it like at 7:00 on sunday.

3. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I will see what I can do today for getting Saturday off.

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Damn, I will be on vacation with the family in Utah then.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

5. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Well it looks like I was able to get that Saturday off. So we can do Blanca on saturday if that is what everyone wants to do.

6. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Cool lets do it on Saturday.The Holy Cross trip home killed me.Has anybody been there before.Is there camping close?I i'm going too go up on friday and camp overnight.Sounds like fun.

7. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Dan I have been there. There is not much in the way of camping right near the trail. There are a lot of rocks and cactus. It can be done cause I've done it but its not very cumfy thats for sure. Let me know when you want to leave Dan and maybe we could go down together. It takes about 3 hours to get there from here. Tim are you still going? Maybe you should come down to the Springs and go with us. There is a town near the trail that has motels.

Are there any wives going? Mine wants to know before she goes.

8. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

My wife is going maybe the kids too.My son for sure.The motel thing sounds pretty good too my wife.Do you think we will have too make reservations or what?Did your truck run alright after you changed the fuel pump.Lets try too go down there together on friday.Its always fun too have a caravan going down the highway.

9. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

The truck ran good after I took the regulator and the glass filter out of the line in Buena Vista. going to look at the regulator and see if that was the prob or not. I need to change all my fluids and I'm going to see if I can find a small cooling fan for the tranny cooler. I will tell my wife that yours is going. I dont think we should need reservations b ut I guess we could check into it. I think it's Alamosa thats close by to there. I need to look at my map today.

10. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

still planning on going, hoping to have my trailer fixed by then. Dont want to have to drive it that far. I would like to meet you guys in the Springs to drive down.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

11. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Ok Dan and Tim! Are we still going? we need to figure out what time we are meeting in the Springs and where. I have to work till 3 and get home at 4. I am for the most part ready to go just some odds and ends. If are not going still thats fine I just need to know. You can call me at 1-877-275-1696 up until 3 tomorrow. Tim I still have your number and will call you tomorrow. Dan same thing, I did call you tonight and let a message. Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!!!

12. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Got back last night around 7. Weather was good, had a few drops on the way down but dry once we hit the trail, nice and warm on Sat, overcast on Sun, a couple drops Sun night, Monday was OK until we hit the road home. Pretty good trip, we had 3 vehicles plus 2 four wheelers that came on Sat. Was a nice peacefull weekend. I was also quite pleased that all of the hikers we ran into this trip were friendly, it has not always been so in the past.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

13. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I would have really liked to have gone. Was already to go but for some reason was not able to get ahold of Dan. We were supposed to leave Friday after work but no dice. Glad you had you good time and your right it is bad there with the hikers not being very nice. Maybe we can hook up sometime to go wheelin.

14. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

There has been some tension in the past, I just try to be polite and shrug it off. To each his own. Like I said, everone was real nice this year. We visited with several of the hikers, some even stopped by our camp and had a beer. It is kind of interesting to look at the camps though, the hikers' are obviously quite minimal, while we have our big tents with external Al. frames, full kitchen, lawn chairs, tables, stoves, BBQs, coolers, lanterns, air powered blenders...

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd