Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blaupunkt sucks

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sickquad, Jun 13, 2004.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Bought a Blaupunkt head unit, lots of features and a half way decent price. Well it blows. CD skips on the smallest bump, controls don't work well and the remote is useless. Stay away.

-Chris

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats why they are so cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's really sad how badly Blaupunkt has gone down hill. I remember when Blaupunkt made some decent stereos. Ahhh, the good old days.

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Ah yes, I used to run Blaupunkt and Concord in the early 80's. The good 'ol days indeed but then again look at how many other players have sold out over the last 10-15 years. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Ah yes, I used to run Blaupunkt and Concord in the early 80's. The good 'ol days indeed but then again look at how many other players have sold out over the last 10-15 years. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya there. Sony used too be pretty good also, but now,... well. But there are also some brands that have really came up in quality alot too. I remember when JVC was kinda crappy, but now I have one in the K5 and another in the El Camino. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Wish I knew all of this ahead of time. For some reason I thought they made a quality product. I think this receiver is headed to ebay. Is there a agreement on who makes the highest quality receivers?

-Chris

7. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I like JVC, Alpine and Kenwood are pretty commendable products!

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Wish I knew all of this ahead of time. For some reason I thought they made a quality product. I think this receiver is headed to ebay. Is there a agreement on who makes the highest quality receivers?

-Chris

[/ QUOTE ]I think JVC is the best bang for the buck, but look check out a few befor you buy. I've been quite impressed by Clarion lately. Find the one thatv fits your needs the best and has the features you like. I run a JVC KD-LX50 and am very happy with it. Review on the JVC KD-LX50

9. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Pioneer and Alpine is all I'd run now. Kenwood has been slacking IMO. The only JVC I ever owned was the Chameleon and it was pretty slick with the closing face, it looked like there was nothing but a plate in the dash other than that JVC doesn't impress me, I think they are the only ones who come with the BBE processors and thats it.. Alpine has always been tha Shizznit tho'

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The El Kameleon are what I have. In the daily driver I have the KD-LX1 (Basic model) but I also have the bad-boy of the El Kameleon, the KD-LX50. It'll end up in the El Camino sooner or later. [​IMG]

11. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Thats it, thats the one I had. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Bad a$$ headunit !!! I love the voice command. I've had my KD-LX50 through a few vehicles so far. You've got to hit a hard bump befor it'll even think of skipping. It's not the best headunit on the market, but I'm very happy with it.

13. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Just to top if off, the remote totally just died and none of the preset station buttons are working either. I am not even going to try to sell this thing when I get it out. I'm just going to smash it on the cement floor repeatedly. Then I'm going to get out the cutting torches and burn it until there is nothing left.

I called Blaupunkt and no response, bastards.

Worst part is, my girlfriends Tori Amos CD is stuck in the player also.

-Chris

14. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]

Key Features
    • Bass Engine® Pro
    - Media Xpander™
    - 6-Channel Digital Time Correction
    - 6-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover
    - Subwoofer Level Control with Phase Selector
    - 5-Band Parametric EQ
    • Bio Lite® Display
    • XM Satellite Radio Ready
    • MP3, CD-R/RW Playback
    • Versatile-Link™ Ready
    • KCA-410C Multi-Versatile Link Terminal Compatible
    • MaxTune SQ Tuner
    • Regulated 1Bit DAC
    • 4 Volt Subwoofer PreOut
    • 3 PreOuts
    • FantomFace XL Mechanism
    • RUE-4187 Wireless Remote Control Included

With a FantomFace XL face and brilliant Bio Lite® display, the CDA-7998 is one hot head unit! Designed not only for looks, but for high performance, the CDA-7998 includes the Bass Engine® Pro set of features - including Digital Time Correction, Media Xpander and i-Personalize™. It has 3 pairs of RCA outputs for complete system expansion. The 4V subwoofer preout is a perfect match for the new V12 AccuClass-D™ mono amplifers. The CDA-7998 is even compatible with XM Satellite Radio- Simply add the TUA-T020XM tuner box and you will be enjoying coast-to-coast digital quality XM radio (XM service subscription fee required).

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's the deck I have in my DD I love it and I think I will only buy alpine now. It took me most of the day to read the encyclopedia of a manual they give for this thing. It's expensive, but I got a really great deal from a friend so it wasn't to bad for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[ QUOTE ]

Key Features
    • Bass Engine® Pro
    - Media Xpander™
    - 6-Channel Digital Time Correction
    - 6-Position 12dB/Octave Crossover
    - Subwoofer Level Control with Phase Selector
    - 5-Band Parametric EQ
    • Bio Lite® Display
    • XM Satellite Radio Ready
    • MP3, CD-R/RW Playback
    • Versatile-Link™ Ready
    • KCA-410C Multi-Versatile Link Terminal Compatible
    • MaxTune SQ Tuner
    • Regulated 1Bit DAC
    • 4 Volt Subwoofer PreOut
    • 3 PreOuts
    • FantomFace XL Mechanism
    • RUE-4187 Wireless Remote Control Included

With a FantomFace XL face and brilliant Bio Lite® display, the CDA-7998 is one hot head unit! Designed not only for looks, but for high performance, the CDA-7998 includes the Bass Engine® Pro set of features - including Digital Time Correction, Media Xpander and i-Personalize™. It has 3 pairs of RCA outputs for complete system expansion. The 4V subwoofer preout is a perfect match for the new V12 AccuClass-D™ mono amplifers. The CDA-7998 is even compatible with XM Satellite Radio- Simply add the TUA-T020XM tuner box and you will be enjoying coast-to-coast digital quality XM radio (XM service subscription fee required).

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's the deck I have in my DD I love it and I think I will only buy alpine now. It took me most of the day to read the encyclopedia of a manual they give for this thing. It's expensive, but I got a really great deal from a friend so it wasn't to bad for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Alpine's are nice, but alittle pricey for what you get in my opinion. Maybe I'm just a cheap bastard. Have you looked at Eclipse headunits ?? I'd like to have this one.

16. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yep my Dad is having all kinds of problems with his headunit. It keeps blowing one of the capactiors and now it keeps changing from the CD changer for no reason. (the only thing he uses)

17. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

That is a nice receiver. The reason I liked this one was because I liked how the face folds inside the unit and looks like it has it's face detached when it is closed. That and I couldn't refuse paying 250 for a 600 dollar deck. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif