Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer:1, Garden shed: 0

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dremu, Sep 25, 2005.

1. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

and let this be a warning to you all:

USE THE PARKING BRAKE!

My yard is on a slight incline, and as I went to remove the rear driveline, prepping the truck for flat towing, she rolled down.

Thankfully I was on my creeper, and I tell you I've never scooted that creeper so fast in my life! (I actually tried to pull the p-brake cable by hand, but as the truck gained momentum, I bailed.)

'Sfunny, as I ALWAYS set the damn brake ... the once I forget... doh. :doah:

shed1.jpg

shed2.jpg

2. TexasA&Mblazer

TexasA&Mblazer 1/2 ton status

Once I read the name of this thread I knew it had to be funny.
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i recall hearing a story very similar to this several years ago. except the guy who was telling it was Tim, and his truck rolled down a pretty good hill.
    [​IMG]
    the truck rolled down from up by the garage, across the street, and into a ravine. i believe that was the beginning of the end for that truck, he's been abusing it ever since.

4. dremu

Well, then I'm glad I had the shed. I think. :D

-- A

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Had mine roll out of my garage but luckely I had a cinder block just laying in the driveway, it stopped the truck from slamming into the light pole :D
    Been chocking the tires ever since ;)

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

That shed looks pretty empty, so you didn't need it anyway! :D
    Glad to hear you didn't get hurt, that would have really made it a bad day.

7. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

My Lt. at my station did the same thing a while back. His bro in law needed new u joints and was going to pay a shop. So, my Lt. said he would do it for him instead. He didn't set the brake and when he pulled the shaft.. there she went. Down his driveway.. and into his pasture. It slightly grazed a tree along the way. :eek1: I forget what all damage it ended up with ... but I do remember him saying something about a lot of buffing. :doah: I think it was his hope that he wouldn't have to tell the bro in law what happened. But, he did end up telling him. :o

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Thats why no matter what I Put something under the tires, when I am doing anything with the driveline

9. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

dejavu

I did the same thing last week replacing a busted u-joint.It's a good thing our trucks sit up so high-besides not needing to jack them up all that often-because I rolled out from under it pretty damn fast as it went past me.It rolled out into the street with me running after it.Barely got in it and got it stopped before it could get up into the driveway across the street and ding up a really nice little BMW 325.But there was no way I could get it back up into my driveway so I grabbed a light and strapped the shaft back up right there in the middle of the street,hoping that no-one would need to get by.
    The worst part is that I know better.Just got in a hurry.Maybe it wouldn't have happened if I had jacked it up instead of just rolling under it like I have gotten used to.Felt pretty stupid. :doah:

10. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

darn looks like ur truck escaped any body damage, was hopin ud wanna sell it cheap :haha: sweet truck!

better the shed than a car driving down the street.

11. dremu

Body damage is over-rated :haha: Thanks, though ... I've put a LOT of blood and sweat and a certain amount of $$ into her this year, from stock rusty to ... well, that, and rusty, but ready for BlazerBash 05!

Amen! Actually, behind the shed is a fence (which would be SPENSIVE to fix) and then a threefoot drop to the street (being downhill and all). THAT would have been ... bad!

-- A

12. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the good chuckle. I hope you can fix your shed...

13. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

That's funny! Did any of your goodies in the shed get smashed?

:wink1:

14. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Had an old yellow Monza way back when. Our driveway sits at a 40 degree incline. One day my neighbor came knocking and asked if I was missing anything.

He pointed across the street and in his front yard in the bushes was the car. :crazy:

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My mom was driving my dads 91 S10(my old one) Left it in Neutral thinking the parking brake actaully worked :doah: well Our shed took a good hit on that one too. Funny thing was it didnt roll right away I guess she made it all the way into the house before she heard the bang.

16. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

runaway!

We had a truck roll off when my friend pulled the driveshaft out to change a U-joint at his shop---it was on an incline,and as soon as he pried the rear joint off the rear end,the truck rolled backwards,nearly crushed him!--he tossed the ratchet under the front wheels,but it rolled right over it!..and it smashed another customers astro van rear doors in 6".. :doah: :bow: ..the guy who owned the van wasn't that upset though..it was in for a "noise" in the motor--we found out it had a rod about ready to come thru the block--so he got 900 bucks from the other guys insurance!

My dad once accidentally drove out riding mower right thru a very similar shed we had!--foot slipped off the clutch and he rode a wheelie right thru the back wall! :haha: --luckily I'd put a Pinto highback bucket seat on it for added comfort while mowing our 4 acre lawn,and it acted as a roll bar!.. :crazy: ...I never liked those sheet metal sheds--I used the panels for roofing on a REAL wooden framed shed!.. :crazy:

18. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

snicker....

19. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I did the same thing just recently with my 90. Had it on jackstands with the d-shafts out of it. Put the wheels and tires and and set it on the ground. Luckily I was near the front cause as soon as it hit the gorund it started rolling. It got maybe 6 inches ans I jumped in front of it and stopped it as my bro grabbed the back bumper. LOL :haha:

My driveway starts slanting pretty good and it would've went right into my neighbors garge... That would've hurt! :doah:

20. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks like it made a nice soft landing. :haha: