Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Blazer 350 on propane?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Disciples Performance, May 28, 2006.

1. Disciples Performance

Disciples Performance 1/2 ton status

Hey guys so im selling my first K5 cause its just a lost cause no point in me dumping my time and effort into that one when i just found a way better one for 900$ and jsut needs doors and 1 rocker i already have the doors and 3/4 ton axles for it with 33's and 4 inch lift kit so it has a 350 on propane does anybody like running propane engines in the bush how are they for power ive always had gas so i dunno what propane is like but i like the fact that i can get it for like 60cents a litre CAD :D so just let me know what you all think about it

Thanks

Nick

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

range may not be great, wherever you go you have to find a place that will fill it up. But how it runs? great, though less powerful. The exact same motor and settings on Propane vs Gasoline the gas will make more power than the propane. Now Propane has higher compression, so throw on some new heads for lower compression, and advance the timing and that engine will come alive. I am putting propane on my project S10. 383 with around 11:1 compression and a roller cam. Ought to run well on the LPG. If the parts are in good shape Propane rocks. Oh and propane runs at any angle. No fuel pickup or pump so starving for fuel only happens if a component fails or you run out of fuel. Of course, when you run out of fuel, you can't grab your red can and go over to the local gas station...

Pros:
    -any angle running
    -cheap
    -higher octane

Cons:
    -mileage is slightly less from what I'm told
    -less power on the exact same engine
    -can't just top it off with a red gas can
    -finding fueling stations

3. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

I run it and love it its cheap and simple you just need to think ahead and find a place to get it from all the time you can always carry a forklift tank around as a spare also.

4. Disciples Performance

Disciples Performance 1/2 ton status

ya i was thinking a BBQ tank even but how do u find it for power?? lots of balls or not so much?

5. AussieK5

AussieK5 1/2 ton status

From a previous post, might be applicable.....

6. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

they big thing is to have a motor with mods that is ready for it then it will beat the crap out of a normal 350

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Police cruisers have them, they need some sort of power to pursue the bad little children out there on the highways..:dunno: :D :p:

8. Quicksilverb33

Quicksilverb33 Registered Member

do u have any pic of it ?